PDA

View Full Version : Beware buying from partsgeek for brakes

Wide-66
September 2nd, 2017, 05:10
I bought a set of zimmerman rotors (L&R). What I received was one new right and a used right. They screwed up. Im in the process of fixing this but it doesn't look good. Go anywhere else its not worth the hassel.

Cmnair
September 2nd, 2017, 13:42
Partsgeek is hit or miss.

audiprotn
September 2nd, 2017, 13:44
I understand sending a wrong part, but a used rotor!?

Wide-66
September 2nd, 2017, 18:30
If I could do it again I would go with amazon using the zimmerman part number. Only 20 or so more per rotor.

Aronis
September 2nd, 2017, 20:58
I have used them without an issue.....nothing is perfect!

UrS6
September 3rd, 2017, 20:32
That sucks but it seems like a simple screwup especially if they fix it fast. I just ordered the same from parts geek. Great price. No issues.
I bought a set of zimmerman rotors (L&R). What I received was one new right and a used right. They screwed up. Im in the process of fixing this but it doesn't look good. Go anywhere else its not worth the hassel.

Wide-66
September 5th, 2017, 23:10
I have to pay return shipping out of pocket to get my refund. This company is a joke along with its customer service. I am reporting them to BBB for scaming.

Bigglezworth
September 6th, 2017, 02:50
This is a first for me. Decades of buying parts and never had this happen. Sad. Just sad.

UrS6
September 6th, 2017, 18:00
I have to pay return shipping out of pocket to get my refund. This company is a joke along with its customer service. I am reporting them to BBB for scaming.
Did you pay with a CC? Seems unreasonable to make you pay for their mistake. Sounds like someone returned rotors to them and slipped their used ones in. They should check when something comes back. I'd refuse to pay for it. Always pay safe

Wide-66
September 15th, 2017, 21:10
So update still waiting on the geek to get back to me if they will refund. Thats fine as my CC company was notified right when it happend so I will ultimately decide if I feel like paying them for the set of pads and 1 rotor for all this hassle. I ordered the other rotor from amazon. The parts came in and are all installed with out issue. I still cannot believe their business model and customer service procedures for when things go south due to their faults. Anyway with the new wheel bearings and brakes my RS6 is happy.