Erik
February 12th, 2004, 23:33
Ferrari Stradale:

Nürburgring: 7.56
Hockenheim: 1.13,0
0-200 km/h: 15,5 sek.
0-200-0 km/h: 20,3 sek.

The Stradale was on P Zero Corzas.

The Stradale gets a total of 59 points. The M3 CSL gets 64 points.

Very nice looks!

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/FerrariChallengeStradaleFoto07FotoGrande/$file/G.jpg

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/FerrariChallengeStradaleFoto15FotoGrande/$file/15.jpg

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/FerrariChallengeStradaleFoto12FotoGrande/$file/12.jpg

Klint
February 12th, 2004, 23:38
Not bad, still a very desireable car!

Some 360 Challenge Stradale owners who've dynoed theirs have had less than pleasing dyno results. Speculation is that Ferrari over rate their engine(s) in terms of power figures being produced at x amount of revs.

A dyno is a dyno at the end of the day, not entirely 100% accurate.

darkseid
February 13th, 2004, 10:45
Simply gorgeous car, my favorite Ferrari, hope to try one someday. ;)

But in that category, I still like the Gallardo better. :thumb:

Mr Janne
February 13th, 2004, 12:21
I love the Stradale. Probably one of the most fun cars to drive, that is for sale at the moment. But I´m dissapointed with the test results, especially the acceleration. Ferrari claims 0-200 km/h in 13,9 seconds and this one is much slower.

Julian Yang
February 14th, 2004, 14:49
Nice photoes , Eric
59 points for Stradale,64 points for CSL?
That means M3 CSL is faster than Stradale on the racing track? that I don't understand.
So It's a waste of $$$ buying a Stradale?
However I still like the Ferrari Stradale's uniq high rev's tone which no cars in the world have and gorgeous racing interior including carbon racing bucket seats,start on/off button,carbon ceramic brakes etc....
Stradale means "road competible,usable" and it's lighter,leaner,lower,faster than 360 Modena..
Gallardo is one of exotics but Stradale is classy and state of the art:0: :s4addict:

Julian Yang
February 14th, 2004, 15:13
this is the first white stradale I've seen lately..:D
Want some more photoes? let me know how to upload the severals in one time..Enjoy:s4addict:

Erik
February 14th, 2004, 15:27
Originally posted by Julian Yang
Want some more photoes? let me know how to upload the severals in one time..Enjoy:s4addict:

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/ (Upload pics)

And yes, the M3 CSL is faster around the Nürburgring.
But I'd chose the Stradale anyway!

Klint
February 14th, 2004, 15:35
Originally posted by Erik
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/ (Upload pics)

And yes, the M3 CSL is faster around the Nürburgring.
But I'd chose the Stradale anyway!

That's if price wasn't a subject and if it was and I was fortunate to be in that league, I'd take the GT2 over the 360CS.

Porsche build there cars to be driven hard all the time - I couldn't see a Ferrari putting up with a track day with anything more than 30,000miles on the odo. :)

Julian Yang
February 14th, 2004, 17:29
996 tt TIP is a street racing car that even ferrari or other sports cars hard to keep up with on the straight and winding road racing....I think it's the king of the street racing car.
For me, last 2 years of driving of 996TT TIP was so easy to drive and executed ferociously on several guy who challeged with their Modena 360s or NSX,M5s,. It is well-controlled and obeyed so accurately by what you ordered in your brain, and it sometimes execute wonderfully extra job which you sometimes miss the serious or dangerous moment of making decisions.Porsche will keep you in line anyway without your special orders.
Frankly speaking of 996 tt or similar GT2 ,they almost a one perfect machines ever, but not that fun...They are too perfect on the street.......I'd like have ferrari stradale which has an F1 racing soul and vurnerable character(?) that "fun to drive" on the winding road with smoking rear tyres, too light aluminum chassis,that lower body sometimes touches on the ground,tail sliding fun with turned off the ESC mode.....
Those are my private thoughts about two different car,don't be too serious on me, please:D .I personaly still like and respect them both brand !!!!!
This is the photo of my 996 tt TIP 2002,,

Julian Yang
February 14th, 2004, 17:30
Enjoy^^

Co\\'boy
February 15th, 2004, 17:20
Ferrari ??? What Ferrari ???

PORCA PORCA PORCA Turbo !!! Die allrad-machine von Stuttgart :dance: :dance: :thumb:

I have heard once that that white,red and green stripes will cost you a 3.000 euros more:doh: :bigeyes:

btw: these new smilies rock

:cheers:

Julian Yang
February 15th, 2004, 23:59
Ohh, Ferrari I was talking about was 360s or 348.355 etc...
Of course that F40,F50,,,,,are not in that category you know that:D
Sorry that I didn't mention specific models....

Aviator
February 17th, 2004, 19:23
^^Stunning

One of the most striking and elegant pictures I've ever seen :bow:

Any more of the same? Or higher res?

Thanks-Aviator

Co\\'boy
February 17th, 2004, 22:06
No Problem man :thumb:

I just wanted to say that I'm a PORCA-fan. I never really liked Ferrari's. In my sense of view they look vulnerable/fragile and they are :hahahehe:

If you see a Ferrari, you will always turn your head, but the biggest difference for me is that a Porsche looks solid and with a Ferrari that is totally not the case. A Porsche is more useful, in any weather on every surface.

If you hear Jeremy Clarkson's comment about the Porsche Turbo and the 360 Modena on his 100 best cars of the century dvd, that is really funny, I love his words. He starts by saying that as long that there will be a Ferrari there will be a Porsche 911 Turbo, but although he isn't a Porsche fan he really really loves the latest Turbo (996) When he compares it to a 360 Modena he says it is just OVERKILL:D :0:

In my view it is just the best sports car there is. And hehe, yesterday there passed me one on the freeway:)

So, finally. I just want to say that I don't consider a Ferrari as a stupid car or that I hate them, that is much too strong. A Ferrari is an exotic toy it's flashy. I m not into flashy things:)

I stop nagging about all those Ferraries and Porsches :boring:

The pictures are indeed very nice. Thanks for posting those.

Next "Sport Auto" > Im SuperTest die POrsche GT3 RS :love: :dance:

Till next time

Julian Yang
February 18th, 2004, 08:57
See the huge yellow caliper on front wheel and that is an option.
I think that is an Carbon Ceramic brake from Ferrari brand and caliper from Brembo.
Enjoy the photo......

Erik
February 18th, 2004, 09:01
Don't miss these Ferrari pics:

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/510/password/

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/510/2Novitec-360-1.jpg

Julian Yang
February 18th, 2004, 11:20
Eric,
That photo is 360 from NOVITEC with supercharger engine upgrade and aerodynamics....KOOL PIC.
:0:

Julian Yang
February 20th, 2004, 09:13
I really WANT that......:0:

sturs6
February 20th, 2004, 13:30
Get it, if I did not have a family I know I would tommorow.

Julian Yang
February 20th, 2004, 17:10
i'm still waiting for an offer for Black stradale with stripes from dealers many country...
However just few found which is not appopriate,
So, I 've made my decision finally to order one if it takes some time even more than 5 or 6month or so....
As you know it's worthy to get that kind of machine (state of art)once in your life.....it'snt it?^^
:heart:

Erik
February 22nd, 2004, 20:40
A 'translation' from the sport auto conclusion:

Nürburgring:
the 425 HP strong and 1387 kilograms heavy "Lightweight" construction Ferrari plays an improtant role in the circle of the super sports cars. From its basis, the 360 Modena, nevertheless removes it on the North Loop 13 seconds and moves thereby for instance in the time window of the Porsche 996 GT3 and Lamborghini Gallardo. Its racing course fitness is thus proven thereby.

Hockenheim:
Its tremendous handlingt, which it has to owe also to the standard sport tires, brings it very far forward on the small course. It measures also here with the best ones. Reached, like the measured values, in the delay achievement no peak values occupy the high-performance brake assembly with disks from carbon ceramic(s) composite material. Probably however in the everyday life fitness (brake comfort) and in fading behavior.

Acceleration and Braking:
The CS misses acceleration and brakes into magic time border of 20 seconds (to accelerate form 0 to 200 kph and to break from 200 kph to stand) only completely scarcely. The standard semi-automated F1-gear box fits outstanding into the sporty surrounding field and shows also, what concerns the switching comfort, very acceptable achievements. The shortest switching time amounts to 15 milliseconds in the "Race"-mode then gets a bit hard. A braking control a very few competitors still do somewhat better, although the achievements shown do not give a cause for a complaint.

Maximum transverse acceleration:
The CS runs in series on Pirelli sports ytres of the type P Zero Corsa, in front in the quite small size of 225/35 ZR 19. On the rear axle the comparatively sumptuous format 295/35 ZR 19 is used. The guess: wider tyres in front would have entailed tendentious a much harder handling in the frontier.

Aerodynamics:
The extension of the front apron underneath the air ducts and the optimization of the air circulation at the under floor brings light drift at the front axle. At the rear axle the drift is reduced by aerodynamic fine cross section, among other things by the higher outline edge, easily. Also by the modified side spoilers the airflow within the tail range was improved. The absolute values do not cover themselves with the optimisticFerrari data, probably however indicated the tendency is confirmed.

Handling:
The close 18-meters handlöing track is still completely problem-free, therewhile the fast 36-meters handling track becomes a fastidious exercise:
The correct line to meet falls uncommonly heavily because of the jagged giving in behavior. Even small guidance corrections entail strong reactions in the handling. To approach the side inclination of the body driving along curves is hardly registered in the cockpit, why it falls in the CS every now and then heavily to reach the limit without doubts - about like that as it is possible with the BMW M3 CSL, which plays trumps here so impressively.
With the simulated, fast track switching the Ferrari does actually somewhat heavily, or the drivers. Which was said for the fast handling track, applies also here: the meeting of the correct point of giving in is completely simple nich and requires a lot of training. For rehabilitation is said:
The results look only compared with the brilliant CSL in such a way on the chassis sector somewhat weak.

Verdict:

"The meta-physical forces of the Ferrari are a component of its taking nature"

The subjective effect on outstanding ones as well as on that, which drives it, give it hardly an increase on the upward open sympathy scale. The uncommonly charismatic appearance of the Competitione Stradale is the one side, its hardcore program in things of driving dynamics the other one. The fascinating drive unit finds now also in an appropriate brake its countering part. The enthusiasm for the Competitione Stradale does not however only justify itself in the visible subject.