PDA

View Full Version : Part number for seal between MAF and intake.

Aronis
June 18th, 2017, 20:42
Hi, I currently have some electrical tape on my MAF bottom side to stop a leak, but really would like to change the seals to the proper part. My seals are the originals and every time I poke around I see the tape and just wince. LOL....

Anyone have the part number?

Thank you,

Mike

nubcake
June 18th, 2017, 21:07
Electrical tape is a common "fix", lol.
Another one would be unscrewing MAFs from the filter housing and siliconing them in for good.

Never tried these myself, but there's a kit from Apikol:
http://www.apikol.com/index.php/c5-rs6-maf-seal-kit.html

ttboost
June 18th, 2017, 23:34
Leave the tape...It will never wear out, and if it does, it's about .12 cents to replace it. I hadn't replaced mine in 3 or 4 years...

ttboost
June 18th, 2017, 23:35
Leave the tape...It will never wear out, and if it does, it's about .12 cents to replace it. I hadn't replaced mine in 3 or 4 years...

BUT if you HAVE to have them...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/mass-airflow-gasket-priced-each/077133428a/

Turbowned
June 19th, 2017, 16:46
Crikey those are expensive seals!

Aronis
June 19th, 2017, 19:02
78 bucks....I'll stick with the electrical tape LOL.

Just ordered EGR valves from Germany......dam it......

Mike

ttboost
June 20th, 2017, 00:33
78 bucks....I'll stick with the electrical tape LOL.

Just ordered EGR valves from Germany......dam it......

Mike

Yep...unscrew MAF's from air box, tape them up and stick them in the intake. Mine never leaked for the last 3 years I owned my car. Audi can take their $75 O-rings and suck it...

Aronis
June 20th, 2017, 14:06
Yep...unscrew MAF's from air box,

that is KEY, it makes maintenance much easier since you then don't have to fight with the much too short connectors, wtf 80 grand car, can't spare 6 inches of wire?

Mike

Turbowned
July 24th, 2017, 16:14
Anyone tried the Apikol MAF seals? Gotta do plugs and filters this week; figured I'd put new seals in when the airbox comes off... If not I guess I'll be the guinea pig and try them out!

bethridg
July 24th, 2017, 17:25
Anyone tried the Apikol MAF seals? Gotta do plugs and filters this week; figured I'd put new seals in when the airbox comes off... If not I guess I'll be the guinea pig and try them out!

Yep, installed them when I swapped the trans. No issues; snug fit. Cheaper options as stated above but I'm satisfied.

Aronis
July 24th, 2017, 20:22

That sounds interesting....

How much Bethridg? Did you need a "Special tool" to install them? Manual shows such a thing.

I'm sticking with electrical tape. It has been working well and I have a dozen rolls.

Mike

bethridg
July 24th, 2017, 20:36
That sounds interesting....

How much Bethridg? Did you need a "Special tool" to install them? Manual shows such a thing.

I'm sticking with electrical tape. It has been working well and I have a dozen rolls.

Mike

Nubcake linked it above. $58+shipping. Nothing special; remove airbox, pull out old rubber seals, clean up surface and install new seals with included super glue. If you haven't already, I suggest removing the screws securing the MAFs to the airbox. Piece of cake.

Aronis
July 24th, 2017, 20:38
No problem I have had that off many times....I'm ok with the electrical tape. LOL

Mike

Turbowned
August 7th, 2017, 01:33
Snug fit indeed! I didn't even have them seated properly the first time; I had to lube them up and really fight with it to get the airbox in, then wiggle repeatedly to get them seated. Almost wish I left well-enough alone, but hopefully they will last a good long time.

Aronis
August 7th, 2017, 11:41
If you look at the manual, you'll see that there is a "Special Tool" to use to seat the seals! LOL. Those BASTARDS!

Mike