PDA

View Full Version : Getting ahold of AMD

boca rat
May 25th, 2017, 01:56
I have tried email, calling and FB messages, no response.

Is this normal? I am looking at the 6 speed stage 1 tune but don't want to risk sending up my unit to a shop that isn't there anymore or will take weeks to turn around. No real write up that I could see on what the tune does in their site.

Thx

AMDRS6
May 25th, 2017, 05:33
AMD is basically two guys and they are in the middle of moving their shop and somewhat not able to do anything until they get all the power and air hooked up. I get it that they are bad at responding. I usually visit there at least once a week and have been helping them move. Do you live in the PNW?

boca rat
May 25th, 2017, 13:29
Ah. Thx AMDRS6. Do you know when they will be back to normal, and I can get more information on this?

I am in Florida so as far away from them as possible....

Thx for chiming in

mrdave
May 25th, 2017, 15:04
They have authorized resellers, although I don't know how many or how to find them. For example there are at least 2 in my area.

mdegracia
May 25th, 2017, 18:27
Contact Marc at EFI Express. He is very responsive.

http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/index.php?osCsid=ae03eadb93c395c626feaeb0bb6873d7

AMDRS6
May 26th, 2017, 00:17
Honestly they are so far behind due to not having all systems up and running I recommend going somewhere else if you can't wait. Sorry man.

Wide-66
May 26th, 2017, 00:42
Contact Nubcake on here. My car is running great he is very responsive.

boca rat
June 2nd, 2017, 13:51
Thx for the feedback guys. I didn't mention that my swap was an incomplete project, no reverse lights, clutch switch hooked up, probably other stuff, still running the auto ECU. Has anyone documented what is necessary to get this CEL free - you can do this with VAG-COM?

boca rat
June 2nd, 2017, 13:55
Thx for the feedback guys. I didn't mention that my swap was an incomplete project, no reverse lights, clutch switch hooked up, probably other stuff, still running the auto ECU. Has anyone documented what is necessary to get this CEL free - you can do this with VAG-COM?

Pinging nubcake now.

SteveKen
June 2nd, 2017, 15:44

Pinging nubcake now.

I can only speak for the AMD ECU and confirm that it is CEL free when the proper wiring is done (clutch switch into pin 39 of the ECU) and it can work with the stock RS6 ABS controller.

For obvious safety reasons, you also need to properly wire the reverse switch and the starter interlock.

UrS6
June 2nd, 2017, 17:03
Contact Nubcake on here. My car is running great he is very responsive.
I second this.

boca rat
June 2nd, 2017, 20:30
I can only speak for the AMD ECU and confirm that it is CEL free when the proper wiring is done (clutch switch into pin 39 of the ECU) and it can work with the stock RS6 ABS controller.

For obvious safety reasons, you also need to properly wire the reverse switch and the starter interlock.

Just want to say a quick public thanks to SteveKen for his help offline, much appreciated.

I pinged nubcake, waiting to hear back from him. On the ABS controller, are you nubcakers using the stock RS6 one?