PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the PN or a fix for lower door trim exterior?

AMDRS6
April 17th, 2017, 00:13
Driver's side is a bit loose. Yes dirty car ;)

AndrewNC
April 17th, 2017, 02:00
I had one repaired under CPO a long time ago and the dealer just used some adhesive.

jtmdmd1
April 17th, 2017, 18:02
Mine just came loose a couple of weeks ago & I am trying to fix it with adhesive. We'll see how it holds- surely there is something that will work.

makaveli42
April 17th, 2017, 19:33
I used Gorilla glue a year ago and it's been fine ever since. Glued it, taped it overnight. Boom. Perfect!

CBeau
April 21st, 2017, 15:57
Happened to mine, actually was like when I got. I took apart, it is a really poor design for its exposed position on the car - being lowest part of door that will hit curb, grass or whatever if door opened and then person gets in and car lowers a bit for weight and door bottoms out then pull on door any and its gonna F it up. If you haven't investigated, it has plasti-welded little real specifically shaped plastic tabs on the trim piece that slide into slots on door, pushing trim piece back to front then a screw in front and back, and those little tabs break off then nothing to hold in slot and can't replace the tabs bc they are plasti-welded onto larger trim backing. I used 3M double sided foam core emblem attachment tape and carefully slide remaining unbroken tabs into place and then press down on outside to get tape to hold once into final position, kind of tricky bc tape will want to start to hold and grab as you are sliding piece into final position, should clean all tape areas with rubbing alcohol first to get good adhesion. I didn't want to permanently glue bc want be able to remove for whatever reason future paint etc., but that tape is strong as sh-t and will definitely take some doing and heat to ever get piece back off, just need remember / take note that - that is how it was reattached or one would think its permanently bonded / glued into place. Thought about some good thin face real hook&loop adhesive backed Velcro instead of super tape which would have probably been a better option for future disassembly, but used what I had at hand = super tape.

AMDRS6
April 21st, 2017, 16:07
Used a silicone. Working great so far!

I used Gorilla glue a year ago and it's been fine ever since. Glued it, taped it overnight. Boom. Perfect!