PDA

View Full Version : Pinhole leak in Radiator

Kgnast
April 5th, 2017, 22:32
Hey guys,

The RS6 was in the other day getting rotors n pads and Raxles installed. I had my guy take a look see for the location of the smell of the coolant which was leaking somewhere. He said it was a pinhole leak in the radiator.

So, what are you guys doing in regards to the radiators? Weldable? Bite the bullet and go straight OEM? Any other better/more reasonable options?

FYI, while this is getting fixed, any suggestions? Cam tensioner pads (have em), timing belt, plugs (have em), EGT's (have em), valve cover gaskets (have em).? Anything else?

UrS6
April 5th, 2017, 23:28
I had mine repaired. New are pretty expensive iirc

Aronis
April 6th, 2017, 00:03
I had mine replaced. Paid $2500 with labor, I'll take a look at my receipt. I used an OEM radiator. Was at the 10 year mark.

Mike

UrS6
April 6th, 2017, 01:25
Had mine cleaned inside and out by a radiator shop and they brazed the hole for $80. Labor by me.

AndyRS6
April 6th, 2017, 03:39
Had mine cleaned inside and out by a radiator shop and they brazed the hole for $80. Labor by me.

What do you mean (cleaned inside)? Do they remove side plastic cover, if so do they change big o-ring or re-use old one. My is leaking at plastic connection (trying to found new o-ring).

Andriy

UrS6
April 6th, 2017, 14:15
Chemical flush. Most good radiator shops can repair many issues including end cap issues.. I just had a pin hole from a metal strap that rubbed on the front: