PDA

View Full Version : Found on Seattle Craigslist

hahnmgh63
March 25th, 2017, 22:11
https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/6053140232.html

ben916
March 27th, 2017, 20:54
Nice color combo!
Mugello and white - if it had the solar roof and sunshades, it would be nearly perfect...

topcat_92
April 5th, 2017, 00:43
The posting shows as sold, with no asking price. Do you remember what they were asking? Curious.

hahnmgh63
April 5th, 2017, 04:25
I think it was $11.9k or $12.9k.

lswing
April 5th, 2017, 06:52
They were asking "needed maintenance and trans about to blow" price it seemed...think I've seen that car recycled around the NW a few times.

DKP
April 5th, 2017, 14:11
OK I kinda like those taillights. Anyone out there know anything about them. Vendor/cost and compatibility?

OneBayShop
April 6th, 2017, 21:03
I accidentally ran across this ad while looking for a fun, AWD commuter. I didn't end up acting in time to buy it, but it's given me the RS6 bug. It was infectious enough for me to read up on the cars, find this forum, find and read the service cost thread, and still want one to commute in.

I will not be sharing the service cost thread with my wife.

GreggPDX
April 7th, 2017, 00:04
I accidentally ran across this ad while looking for a fun, AWD commuter. I didn't end up acting in time to buy it, but it's given me the RS6 bug. It was infectious enough for me to read up on the cars, find this forum, find and read the service cost thread, and still want one to commute in.

I will not be sharing the service cost thread with my wife.

Welcome! and you probably dodged a bullet with this one. Take your time, read this forum a lot, and ideally buy a car from someone on here where you can get good service history and a car with the bugs worked out. I was in your shoes two years ago, and one piece of advice that served me well is to not limit your search to local cars. It's totally worth it to pay $1500 to get the right car shipped from pretty much anywhere in the US. I found exactly the car I wanted in New York, and paid $1300 to ship it to Portland. Worth every penny!

OneBayShop
April 7th, 2017, 05:25
Welcome! and you probably dodged a bullet with this one. Take your time, read this forum a lot, and ideally buy a car from someone on here where you can get good service history and a car with the bugs worked out. I was in your shoes two years ago, and one piece of advice that served me well is to not limit your search to local cars. It's totally worth it to pay $1500 to get the right car shipped from pretty much anywhere in the US. I found exactly the car I wanted in New York, and paid $1300 to ship it to Portland. Worth every penny!

Thanks for the advice. I'd already started hunting outside of the region. I've got plenty of question, but don't want to hijack this thread. Should I start a new thread for the hunt?

GreggPDX
April 7th, 2017, 15:54
Thanks for the advice. I'd already started hunting outside of the region. I've got plenty of question, but don't want to hijack this thread. Should I start a new thread for the hunt?

Yeah, probably a good idea to start a fresh thread so you get more eyes on it.

GreggPDX
April 7th, 2017, 15:58
Oh, and if you haven't seen it already, the best way to search this forum is to skip the built-in search and use google site search. The syntax is: site:www.rs6.com searchterm1 searchterm2, etc... For example, try: "site:www.rs6.com transmission failure"

;)