PDA

View Full Version : Web browser warning from RS6.com

Aronis
March 20th, 2017, 14:12
I have been getting a warning about this site trying to take personal info from my computer.
Any idea what is going on??

Mike

Using iPhone to post.

lswing
March 20th, 2017, 16:20
This site has been corrupted for years it seems, tough to say how malicious. I think it's some of the sketchy ad plugins, but the address has also been highjacked by spam companies. Also antiquated forum code could upset the updated browsers. I'd like to clean it up someday, maybe Erik will work with some of us on it...

bakes
March 20th, 2017, 17:34
I am getting the same report. I increased the security on my Mac and I get a big red screen warning me of phishing. I was also contacted by my internet vendor they'd noted some unusual activity.

This should really be addressed!

ZCD2.7T
March 21st, 2017, 00:47
Same here. It's been doing this off and on for a long while.

Admin - please address this! Thx.

Bigglezworth
March 21st, 2017, 02:14
I have flagged this to Erik a few times to no avail. I can't even log in to the site from my office any more as it's black listed. I can't access on my iPhone or Apple related products without acknowledging it's a phishing site. It sometimes redirects also. I access it on an old desktop machine all the time now.

dstr
March 21st, 2017, 18:32
It has been flagged by google a few times before.

The ad's on the site are from google.

Now google claims that there's some strange redirect happening, but I cant find anything out of the ordinary - except from the expected redirect from www.rs6.com/ to www.rs6.com/content.php

SAF
March 23rd, 2017, 14:53
ABP here, never seen an ad. Or a warning.

boca rat
March 24th, 2017, 16:06
Seems OK now, Firefox and Chrome on Windows were reporting issues before.

mrdave
March 24th, 2017, 17:16
Now google claims that there's some strange redirect happening, but I cant find anything out of the ordinary - except from the expected redirect from www.rs6.com/ (http://www.rs6.com/) to www.rs6.com/content.php (http://www.rs6.com/content.php)

The "malicious" redirect happens when searching from google (maybe other search engines too, I haven't tried). Clicking on a link in the search results sometimes redirects you to some advertisement page. And of course now that I tried to get a screenshot of it I can't get it to happen.

Aronis
March 25th, 2017, 17:24
just tried again today and my mac did not warn me about the site. ...:) so what ever bug was there is gone again.

Mike