PDA

View Full Version : Apple CarPlay

BoiseAudi
February 24th, 2017, 15:07
Anyone installed an Apple CarPlay into the RS6? Pioneer has these available - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/CarPlay/

Looking for an integrated system I can install this weekend.

lswing
February 24th, 2017, 18:27
Weekend, haha, actually sure you can. You'll want a custom backplate/faceplate usually to keep the mounting clean, from what I've seen for most installs. There are some wiring harness adapters needed also maybe? Just search and there are a handful of examples from the last few years.

mgmarsh39
February 24th, 2017, 18:47
http://13252-presscdn-0-94.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/RS6-067.jpg

BoiseAudi
February 25th, 2017, 01:31
Quite a PITA to deal with? Looks like most people have a generic double din installed was just curious about whether there was anything special regarding the install

mgmarsh39
February 25th, 2017, 13:17
It's plug and play with any modern double din. Mine above is a pioneer. Nothing difficult about it...

Aronis
February 25th, 2017, 14:06
Which model? Sat? Nav antenna? etc.....

I have been interested but reluctant since I have an iPhone connection and Satellite radio and no issues with the sound quality

Mike

lswing
February 25th, 2017, 18:12
It's plug and play with any modern double din. Mine above is a pioneer. Nothing difficult about it...

Nice! Very clean. Looks like custom plastic surround though?

mgmarsh39
February 25th, 2017, 19:04
Which model? Sat? Nav antenna? etc.....

I have been interested but reluctant since I have an iPhone connection and Satellite radio and no issues with the sound quality

Mike

Equivelant to the AVIC-8200NEX. Nav unit, yes, but unless you are going on a long trip, it's not very useful. The Antenna is on the dash, right by the windshield.

Nice! Very clean. Looks like custom plastic surround though?

Thanks, got it on ebay :). Its a Scosche dash trim kit for the C5.

AndrewNC
February 26th, 2017, 01:59

Did you use ground loop isolators on audio channels?

mgmarsh39
February 26th, 2017, 06:17
To be frank, I didn't install it. It was done when I bought the car, however no there were no ground loop isolators. Just the pioneer wiring harness plugged into the factory harness, then tucked in the dash. It had the old school Ipod connectors ran into the glove box, and USB under the arm rest. This one came with the backup camera license plate surround, which is a huge pain in the butt considering the nuts are behind the black reverse light bezel. Basically, you have to gut your trunk to replace the license plate...

BoiseAudi
February 26th, 2017, 07:58
After driving my car today and a habit of backing up into parking spaces this is a necessity.

will buy the harness, dash kit and have it ready soon!