PDA

View Full Version : Tozo Is The Transmission Guru

Drifters
January 24th, 2017, 14:01
If anyone ever needs any transmission work done on their RS6, I highly recommend going to see Tozo in Schaumburg, IL.

He was able to rebuild my trans in a weekend. Dropped it off on Friday and got it back on Sunday.

Can't say enough about how awesome Tozo is to work with and the quality of his workmanship.

AndyRS6
January 24th, 2017, 15:55
In Schaumburg or Rolling Meadows?

Andriy

Drifters
January 24th, 2017, 16:02
To me coming from the north (WI), Schaumburg and Rolling Meadows is the same place. :)

AndyRS6
January 24th, 2017, 16:07
I thought he moved .

Aronis
January 24th, 2017, 17:50
yes, he is the master......tried to get him to do a world tour fixing all the transmissions.......:)

Mike

Dmb408
January 24th, 2017, 19:20
So did he have a core when you got there (i.e. you left him your core, so it will be quicker for him when he does the next guy too)?

Drifters
January 24th, 2017, 21:10
Nope, didn't leave a core. He took out my trans and rebuilt it in a weekend. His wife said she didn't see him all weekend while I was down there.

RS2racer
January 25th, 2017, 00:12
Nope, didn't leave a core. He took out my trans and rebuilt it in a weekend. His wife said she didn't see him all weekend while I was down there.

You should send her a little something then ; ) and Gabor is The Man indeed ! we miss seeing him at SFest in CT...he used to come down every year for a while but he's busier these days.

JW77
January 25th, 2017, 23:00
Hi, I would like to know what were the symptoms of trans failure ? Was the clutches (Bank/band 2) or valve body or Torque converter ?

lswing
January 26th, 2017, 08:06
Hi, I would like to know what were the symptoms of trans failure ? Was the clutches (Bank/band 2) or valve body or Torque converter ?

Search and read, can be many things...slipping and clunking is failure. Use "site:rs6.com trans failure symptoms" in Google search.

You'll get a code for the TC, usually no code for the trans fail.

Aronis
January 26th, 2017, 22:22
You can and must scan routinely for the TC codes. You monitor for lockup vs failure to lockup. The TC fault will not through a CEL until it happens many times.....and then it may be too late.

Mike

Wide-66
January 27th, 2017, 00:58
I have a good rebuildable core in NH if somebody wants if for rebuild. The car drove fine but had a clunk in downshift to first and upon acceleration you had to let off from 1-2 to let it catch.

Turbowned
January 27th, 2017, 20:57
Oh is that where he is? I was just in Schaumburg/Rolling Meadows a few months back.

jtmdmd1
February 2nd, 2017, 18:08
I just had some problems with mine. It had been doing fine- smooth shifting & no clunking. I was going up my driveway & started having slipping. It started slipping between first & second- not as much if I manually shifted. Not bad, worse if I was accelerating harder. It seems worse going forward on a uphill slope. My mechanic looked at it after a week or so & said only thing he saw was it was a half quart low on fluid-no codes & TC had been replaced ~ 50,000 mi. ago. After adding fluid it only slips a little on very hard acceleration- otherwise it shifts perfectly. I'm not going to put the money in it to repair or replace the trans, so I guess I just need to not accelerate hard- I will probably just run it til it dies,put it in the basement, get something else.

It pisses me off that this started about 2 weeks after having the timing belt service, valve gaskets, starter, & small cooling fan done. I wouldn't have done any of the routine maint items if I had thought the trans was possibly going out. Add that to the EGT code that just came up & the need for control arm job- its got to go when the trans quits(:

Aronis
February 2nd, 2017, 22:46
I just had some problems with mine. It had been doing fine- smooth shifting & no clunking. I was going up my driveway & started having slipping. It started slipping between first & second- not as much if I manually shifted. Not bad, worse if I was accelerating harder. It seems worse going forward on a uphill slope. My mechanic looked at it after a week or so & said only thing he saw was it was a half quart low on fluid-no codes & TC had been replaced ~ 50,000 mi. ago. After adding fluid it only slips a little on very hard acceleration- otherwise it shifts perfectly. I'm not going to put the money in it to repair or replace the trans, so I guess I just need to not accelerate hard- I will probably just run it til it dies,put it in the basement, get something else.

It pisses me off that this started about 2 weeks after having the timing belt service, valve gaskets, starter, & small cooling fan done. I wouldn't have done any of the routine maint items if I had thought the trans was possibly going out. Add that to the EGT code that just came up & the need for control arm job- its got to go when the trans quits(:

sorry to read this......that stinks...

Mike

topcat_92
February 3rd, 2017, 18:12
For those is WA, I took my RS to Addict Motorsports in Woodinville for several things including transmission. They rebuilt it, upgrade the torque converter, and soldered in an MTM TCU chip I hadn't put in yet. They did great work, and the MTM TCU chip tune is great. I'll update my prior post about the massive oil leak and the other work I had done at Addict. Cheers.

Jimmy312
June 21st, 2017, 20:35
Agree, Tozo is THE transmission man for RS6s. I have an extra TC Core if anybody needs one. Had to buy it from Tozo when he replaced mine.

rah
June 23rd, 2017, 03:59
For those is WA, I took my RS to Addict Motorsports in Woodinville for several things including transmission. They rebuilt it, upgrade the torque converter, and soldered in an MTM TCU chip I hadn't put in yet. They did great work, and the MTM TCU chip tune is great. I'll update my prior post about the massive oil leak and the other work I had done at Addict. Cheers.

Thanks for that, i will get a hold of them, i am afraid that mine will get to that soon with the transmission. I just started to get the occasional clunk on downshift (happened 3 times that i remember in the last few month), usually at low speed, no issues with up shifts... yet.

Aronis
June 23rd, 2017, 15:30
Thanks for that, i will get a hold of them, i am afraid that mine will get to that soon with the transmission. I just started to get the occasional clunk on downshift (happened 3 times that i remember in the last few month), usually at low speed, no issues with up shifts... yet.

yikes!

Mike

SAF
June 23rd, 2017, 21:24
Does he make house calls?
Mine has started to slip on spirited accels. What's the expected repair cost again? This may be the beginning of the end for me.

Aronis
June 23rd, 2017, 22:18
Mine has started to slip on spirited accels. What's the expected repair cost again? This may be the beginning of the end for me.

I requested he do a tour. Stop and live with RS6 owners for a few weeks to rebuild each of our transmissions. Work for beer, food and gas money. We have a nice guest bedroom and WIFI is free. We get expert rebuild, he gets to 'see the country.' Win Win..

Mike

Jimmy312
May 13th, 2020, 17:49

When I had him do my second TC replacement, the cost was 2k for TC replace and 5k for Trans rebuild.
I have since sold my beast to a guy who put 800 horsepower in the engine and he hasn't been able to roast the transmission yet so he can do the 6 MT swap. Tozo is the man.

DHall1
May 13th, 2020, 18:26
Replace the trans go valve update ASAP

don’t drive the car

you might save the trans