PDA

View Full Version : Radio Problems

Audihead
February 10th, 2004, 18:03
Anyone have problems with their radio changing stations when turning the car off? Especially when it's cold. My friend has a 2001 A4 2.8 this keeps happening to. He comes out in the morning and the station has changed just slightly from 101.1 to 101.5 or so. This just seems weird to me. Would be very thankful for any thoughts!

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Klint
February 10th, 2004, 19:19
Has he set a preset to the 101.1 station?

The radio may have RDS, or twin antennae, the radio may switch between the two aerials to find the best frequency for that station, your friend may live in an area where the radio can't decide which frequency is best for the preset radio station 101.1 or 101.5.

If your friend hasn't preset the the frequency, then the radio may default itself each time the car/radio is shut off and that default frequency is 101.5 which is conincidentally .4 off your friend's favourite station.

Does your friend switch the radio off before he switches the ignition off?

The radio should be equipped with a flash memory of some sort, part of the saving sequencing might be to switch the radio off before switching the ignition off?

or there could be some large radio masts near by which affects the radio in this manner?

Hope some of this might help with the problem.

Audihead
February 12th, 2004, 18:39
Thanks much. He has the RBDS system in his car. I don't know if this is different or not. It just seems to happen when it's really cold outside, like its little brain freezes and has a hiccup. Thanx again.

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead