PDA

View Full Version : Mayday mayday......Just pulled a P0456 code "very small evap leak"

RS6 rick
December 25th, 2016, 06:24
Any easy cheap fixs/advice/prayers/money anyone can send my way ? Thanks for all the advice and help I have received in the past. Merry Christmas.

lswing
December 25th, 2016, 14:51
Gas cap...clear codes, fill tank, affix cap tightly, keep fingers crossed!

RS6 rick
December 25th, 2016, 16:18
I thought of that to. I'll give it a try today. Thank U Be safe.

RS6 rick
December 25th, 2016, 18:10
Bingo..... the old gas cap trick

Turbowned
December 27th, 2016, 02:50
I got a code for evap incorrect purge flow couple weeks ago. Removed the N80 valve, soaked in penetrating oil and blew out with compressed air... problem solved! Can't say it'll do the same for your issue, but worth a try?

RS6 rick
December 27th, 2016, 04:55
I got a code for evap incorrect purge flow couple weeks ago. Removed the N80 valve, soaked in penetrating oil and blew out with compressed air... problem solved! Can't say it'll do the same for your issue, but worth a try?

Mine was just a "putting some gas in and making sure the gas cap was on tight" and problem solved. Thanks for the heads up and if the problem comes back I'll try your solution.

lswing
December 27th, 2016, 19:53
Mine was just a "putting some gas in and making sure the gas cap was on tight" and problem solved. Thanks for the heads up and if the problem comes back I'll try your solution.

Sweet! I got the code years back, only once, carry on with the beast!