PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber flat bottom steering wheel...fs on Quattro world

bakes
December 23rd, 2016, 14:09
Link...

http://forums.quattroworld.com/classifieds-parts/msgs/49336.phtml

Not affiliated with the seller but thought I'd pass it on in case anyone may be interested.

Aronis
December 23rd, 2016, 18:51
that's pretty nice....

Mike

DHall1
December 23rd, 2016, 20:33
It's looks like you would be holding a big diaper of a steering wheel.

Why did they make it so fat?

Aronis
December 23rd, 2016, 21:33
It's looks like you would be holding a big diaper of a steering wheel.

Why did they make it so fat?

Because better drivers have big hands? :)

Mike

lswing
December 23rd, 2016, 21:58
It looks fairly nice...but those stubby little shift paddles...ugh...

DHall1
December 23rd, 2016, 22:28
Last check

no race cars have diaper steering wheels

or big fat laminate carbon fiber appendages

oh that's too funny

lswing
December 23rd, 2016, 22:48
Last check

no race cars have diaper steering wheels

or big fat laminate carbon fiber appendages

oh that's too funny

Actually, I'm tempted to purchase this and put it in my pristine interior 110k mile car with perfect carbon and buttons just to piss you off...or maybe not, it does look a bit like a poorly wrapped diaper around the sides now that you mention it...

hahnmgh63
December 24th, 2016, 00:33
Swap to a 6spd and then you won't need those little paddles. Plus the huge weight savings of removing those paddles too. Anyone know if the newer Airbags that would fit that wheel compatible with our cars? Something to look into first as Airbags and the initiator systems have changed over the last decade. The guy selling the wheel "Reggi" has been selling them on Quattroworld for years so he probably knows what he's talking about.

nistah
December 24th, 2016, 01:00
It that matched the weave of my oCarbon trim I'd buy it for sure but it looks like 1X1 I think what I've got is 2X2

fukinavit
December 24th, 2016, 17:05
Swap to a 6spd and then you won't need those little paddles. Plus the huge weight savings of removing those paddles too. Anyone know if the newer Airbags that would fit that wheel compatible with our cars? Something to look into first as Airbags and the initiator systems have changed over the last decade. The guy selling the wheel "Reggi" has been selling them on Quattroworld for years so he probably knows what he's talking about.

And then sell it 6 months later because you realized hiw much you actually liked the auto:lovl:

Aronis
December 26th, 2016, 01:19
And then sell it 6 months later because you realized hiw much you actually liked the auto:lovl:

LOL...also....

Mike

bethridg
December 27th, 2016, 18:14

I must be doing it wrong cause I still have mine. Full disclosure though, it's been sitting on stands in the garage for the last 2 months getting another round of maintenance in my spare time.