PDA

View Full Version : Possible Problems w/KWv3's. Who knows them well?

BLITZEN
November 28th, 2016, 04:00
So I replaced all my suspension with the KW's as many of you recommended. They seem much more rough, so I think I may need to decrease the compression damping. Sound appropriate?

Also, today as I was changing into my Blizzaks, I noticed the helper springs on the coilers are completely compressed, as if they're acting like a spacer. (see pic's) Is this how they should be? Are they meant to soften the top out? I can't figure it out. Thanks!

bakes
November 28th, 2016, 15:50
mine look very similar so I'm anxious to see what other say who have v3's installed!

Aronis
November 28th, 2016, 16:30
Are both sides the same? I'll check mine but if the thing is not under compression it should not be like that! I just changed my snows last week and really can't recall looking that closely. But I think I recall the smaller spring being expanded.

Mike

nene
November 28th, 2016, 16:53
The front lower spring on my setup is also compressed as in the picture. I don't have my car up on the jack without the wheel though, so the load is on the spring.

Dmb408
November 28th, 2016, 18:31
dumb comment here but if you still have your sway bar bolted on, and the opposite side of the car wheel is loaded (i.e. you just have one corner jacked up) then the suspension on the corner you have jacked still has load (because of the bar)...right (smarter car guys)?

hahnmgh63
November 29th, 2016, 02:11
They should be compressed as the main spring is shorter to get the lower ride height with a stiffer spring. The compression spring just keeps things in place when you jack it up or under hard cornering an un-weight the wheel. And of course when you do the "Dukes of Hazzard" routine and jump your car.

Aronis
November 29th, 2016, 13:47
Dam, that is correct! Wish I noted that.....with regard to the torsion bar being connected and loaded:)

BLITZEN
December 3rd, 2016, 02:44
I'm thinking the purpose of the helper spring is to lighten what would be a very harsh top out should both front wheels lose contact with the ground. So instead of the force of the main spring topping out the shock, the shock ends up having to take the force of the helper spring instead.

lswing
December 3rd, 2016, 03:27
Personally I would never put KW's on any of my cars. Too firm, suited for track performance not a daily. But it's all preference!!!

DHall1
December 3rd, 2016, 03:37
Subjective really

roads are excellent here in mexizona. KWV3's simply rock even for a daily

Personally I would never put KW's on any of my cars. Too firm, suited for track performance not a daily. But it's all preference!!!

lswing
December 3rd, 2016, 03:48
Subjective really

roads are excellent here in mexizona. KWV3's simply rock even for a daily

Exactly...roads here in NY are complete crap. I drive the Dodge truck most days, ha! NY roads make OR roads look butter smooth...

DHall1
December 3rd, 2016, 04:01
Oh my word!

worse than Or roads. Dang

We just moved up to NE Mesa. The roads are butter smooth up here and have a selection of round a bouts for off ramps.

Three guesses to how far the AMG tail steps out before nanny control kicks in

Exactly...roads here in NY are complete crap. I drive the Dodge truck most days, ha! NY roads make OR roads look butter smooth...