PDA

View Full Version : Which tranny mounts are used in a 6 speed swap?

UrS6
November 21st, 2016, 20:38
I just ordered new mounts and they are a different height than the ones coming out. Which are correct for a 6 speed swap? The ones from the OE auto box or the ones that go with the A6/S4 manual tranny?

bethridg
November 21st, 2016, 20:48
RS6 OE tip mounts. If you have the 034 mounts you need the spacers to go with it.

https://store.034motorsport.com/transmission-mount-density-line-tiptronic-b6-b7-c5-audi-a4-s4-s6-rs6.html

Fastguy
November 25th, 2016, 23:39
^^ 2nd that. Oe rs6 tip mounts are the height you need. I used some 034 01e mounts and they are not tall enough without the delrin spacers they offer. They usually won't sell the spacers separately without the mounts. I have a set of spacers if you want to go this route.

UrS6
November 26th, 2016, 01:23
I returned the shorter ones and got the correct mounts. I have not driven the car yet, but even just starting and revving it seems like it has made a huge difference. I'll know more once out on the road. I had replaced all the control arms, etc. in an attempt to refresh the feel of the car. It made it better but it still felt very "coarse". I'm hoping this will be the thing that smooth it out it makes it feel like a "luxury" sports sedan again .