PDA

View Full Version : PRNDL Delete After Manual Swap

essexmetal
November 21st, 2016, 01:37
Has anyone who has done a manual swap found an easy way to delete the PRNDL lights. I have not asked my tuner yet, thought I would check with the group first.

Bigglezworth
November 21st, 2016, 02:00
Has anyone who has done a manual swap found an easy way to delete the PRNDL lights. I have not asked my tuner yet, thought I would check with the group first.The is a coding revision for the ECU/TCU yes. Many have done this. You should have the Depress pedal (or whatever it is) notice and also an indication of there being 6 gears now. I would like to think that most if not all tuners that are in the know on how to modify the code for these cars are well aware of what needs to be undertaken to address the modification necessary for the swap.

PS I'm pretty sure it's a PRNDS... :)

bethridg
November 21st, 2016, 02:41
Unplug the TCU. ECU will revert back to manual trans mode showing Press Clutch Pedal To Start Engine on the gauge cluster display.

Bigglezworth
November 21st, 2016, 05:26
There you have it. That's even easier than I thought.

P1054
November 21st, 2016, 06:21
Unplug the TCU. ECU will revert back to manual trans mode showing Press Clutch Pedal To Start Engine on the gauge cluster display.
That did not work for mine. Actually originally it did but after I got it tuned (after clutch and new turbos were broken in) the PRNDS and "press brake pedal" warning came back. I was able to get rid of it again using soft coding in VAGCOM. I don't recall the exact options to change but I do know it wasn't too difficult to find.

SteveKen
November 22nd, 2016, 03:37
In VAG-COM, open up the module for the instrument cluster.

Go to the adaptation codes and look st channel 60. Change it from 1027 to 1025 then save this.

Restart and clear any codes.

Depending on your tune and what ABS controller you are using, you will have to recode this, too.

I assume that you've already recoded the ECU.