PDA

View Full Version : Finnus: we need Lidatek update

nene
February 9th, 2004, 21:25
Bob,

I know you've had the Lidatek system for quite sometime now.
We're in great need of your reviews of the system. Anything really? It's quirks, or lack of them? It's accuracy, or lack of it? Any stories of it saving you, or a close call? I know it's Winter and all, but you shouldn't be driving like an old man with an RS6 in hand!!!

Share anything. Maybe some more pix of the system.

Finnus
February 9th, 2004, 22:00
Nelson,

8,000 miles (at least 5 or 6 with Lidatek) and I haven't been through one laser trap! The one day I went through 2 laser traps on I-90, I had my S4. I know of 5 areas around the Capital Region (Albany, NY) where they use laser. It's just a matter of time.

I love the BeastPower mirror. I'll try to get some pics by the end of the week of the mirror and the mounting of the lidatek jammers.

Andre (AVDH) posted a thread on his experience with it. Sounded pretty effective...

Finnus

:addict:

This is the Beast: :vgrumpy: look around, the coast is clear, unleash the Beast ... :vgrumpy:

avdh
February 10th, 2004, 10:07
Although I was very happy with the LE-10, I have reservations for the LE-20.

The Lidatek impoter lend us a LTI Ultralite 100 laser Gun.
First off, although www.radartest.com says the LE-20 does not work with the LTI, this is not true. The LE-20 also works with the Stalker even though Radartest.com say other wise.

On Sunday we had a trial day with the Audi Club. so I brought along the Laser Gun. +/- 15 members had single LE-20's all of them expect 2 worked fine up to a distance of 100 m (300 ft), below that distance they are useless.
They actually become erratic as from 150m (450 ft) and less.

I have realised that my install is wrong, the two LE-20 are too far apart and too far from the front number plate, thus if the gun is aimed at the centre of the car in daylight, even at 400m (1/4 mile) they did not work.
After more testing I figured out that they must be no more than 400 mm (15.5 ") apart and +/- 200 mm (7.8") from the center of the car, which is the most likely place where a cop would aim.

The other LE-20 not working was simply deffective.

Also with the LTI gun, the Jamming is only 2 or 3 seconds and not 5 like Lidatek claims. Too little time to slow down in my opinion.

On the other hand a member with an Allroad had the Bell Laser Pro 804, and it jammed far better than the Laser Echo.

Up to 7 or more seconds jamming and down to 80 metres (240 ft).and everytime without failing..... and far less directional than the LE-20.
Apparently it's only limitation is the new Pro Laser III gun, which it can only jamm for 4 seconds.

My recommendation is to buy the new Bell Laser Pro 805, surely it is as good as the 804 and it has been tuned to jam for more than 4 seconds with the Laser Pro III laser gun.

Erik
February 10th, 2004, 10:35
This might help http://www.jaricdesign.com/products.htm

avdh
February 11th, 2004, 08:37
Erik

A Radar Detector and a Laser Jammer have two different purposes for 2 different types of speed trapping.

A laser Jammer jams a signal from a Laser Gun, whereas the other detects a signal from a radar.

Erik
February 11th, 2004, 16:33
Originally posted by avdh
A Radar Detector and a Laser Jammer have two different purposes for 2 different types of speed trapping.

I sure know that. I was in too much of a hurry :doh:

nene
February 11th, 2004, 18:52
Originally posted by Erik
This might help http://www.jaricdesign.com/products.htm

From the website, it seems to only work with bimmers.
I believe we're on an Audi :thumb: site though! :confused: