PDA

View Full Version : All-in-one Copier, Printer, Scanner and fax machine?

Klint
February 9th, 2004, 21:45
Hi,

Anyone with any reccomendations? I'm unfamiliar in this field of computers, so any help is appreciated.

I'm looking for an all-in-one printer, scanner, copier and fax machine, one that's also reliable and has ink cartridges readily available. Priced around the £350 region, but I'm willing to raise that up to no more than £400-450 for a far superior one.

Oh yeah, it's got to be a new one! :P

Cheers

Klint
February 10th, 2004, 11:23
what are the HP machines like for reliability and user friendliness?

Erik
February 10th, 2004, 11:34
I think any machine from a known brand will be able to satisfy your needs.

Check the price for consumables first...

Bingocaller
February 10th, 2004, 14:40
I can recommend HP

I own a HP PSC 1210 (ScanCopyPrint) and it works to my satisfaction.

Easy to install and works every time. Maybe the best printers in the world if u ask me.

Only problem is that the printer cartridges are abit expensive !

But again, it is worth it

:thumb:

Erik
February 10th, 2004, 14:59
Try this place. They helped me out several times:

http://www.tomshardware.com/ :brag:

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20031208/printer_roundup-05.html :vhmmm:

Snow
February 10th, 2004, 15:21
I and my father have a home network. We have two printers, and one of them is the Hewlett Packard PSC 2210. A all-in-one printer (print, copy, scan, color-fax). We haven't had any problems with it so far. Setup took 15 minutes if I remember right. It even has slots to stick in you memory card from your digital camera and print selected photos without turning your computer on. Haven't tried that feature yet though.

Although, I think the model we've got isn't for sale anymore. It has been replaced by another all-in-one printer that even has a display for viewing the images on your memory card from your digital camera. So it makes printing photos even easier then with ours.

Anyway, as Erik said, any printer from a known brand will probably be satisfying, although user comments are usefull, right? :D Remember, its' the ink that is expensive. We haven't tried any no-name brands ink cartridges, but I'm sure they are just as good as HP's own.

Just noticed the new smilies. Like this one: :dig:

:bye:

Erik
February 10th, 2004, 15:27
Originally posted by Snow
Just noticed the new smilies. Like this one: :dig:

I thought you'd like this one better... :snow:

Snow
February 10th, 2004, 16:10
Ha ha, didn't even notice that one!
Great! :snow:

Speedou
February 10th, 2004, 18:02
I can recommend HP PSC 2410. VERY good quality, very easy to use (good screen) and you can print stright away from your cam's memory card.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-238444-236260-12085-f7-303752-303754-303755.html

CarbonFibre
February 11th, 2004, 04:06
My family has an HP Officejet 7110 all-in-one, and it works fine. It's a pretty big machine, though. I don't know if they still sell this model either.

gmbh6
February 12th, 2004, 05:23
Klint,

I have an HP officejetv40 sitting right next to me. I've used like five times in the last 2 years. I bought it thinking I was going to consolidate my computer room......naaa. Didn't work out that way. It scanned to slow, faxed to slow, and copied to slow.

But you know what? If I didn't have a seperate scanner and printer I bet I would be more happy about it. Cartidges are easy to find and the quality is good.

Cost like $200-$300 US.

Good Luck. :dig:

Klint
February 14th, 2004, 16:49
Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas.

I'm going ahead with the HP OfficeJet 7110 :0:

EternalX
March 1st, 2004, 06:57
please dont take any advice from tomshardware, that website and editor is a crock! some of the things hes posted and tested has been very strange and contradictory to what everyone else has shown (not hard to see whos paying for his site).

id recommend hp as well, ive had 2 hp printers, and an older printer/scanner/copier and it worked great! never any problems.