PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

Aronis
November 11th, 2016, 22:21
Little issue....CEL tripped.....

hahnmgh63
November 12th, 2016, 00:23
Somebody forgot to slide the clamp back up. What is the CEL for?

Aronis
November 12th, 2016, 01:15
Lol, bingo

17831 - Secondary Air Injection System; Bank 1
P1423 -002 - Insufficient Flow - MIL ON
17819 - Secondary Air Injection System Bank 2
P1411 - 002 - Insufficient Flow - MIL ON

I pulled Air Cleaner housing and checked all the vacuum hoses to the Combivalves and did not find an obvious issue, then noticed the clamp was off!

Hopefully the CEL will stay off....of course could have saved the trouble of pulling the housing off :):lovl:

Aronis
November 16th, 2016, 20:27
dam error came back again after 4 days, I looked and had the clamp over the end of the tubing, so I moved it back 1/2 cm, so let's see!

Notices there is no zip tie on the passenger side combivalve vacuum line but I doubt that is leaking enough to mess up both sides. Perhaps the air pump is dying? Sounds fine, and only trips CEL occasionallY? I hope it is fixed now with the hose clamp moved just so.....I may just get a new pump, swap out all the vacuum lines (again), everything short of new combivalves, they look like a pain to change. LOL.

Car is running so well though, faster than I ever remember! M2 sitting in the garage for the past two weeks LOL.

Mike

nubcake
November 16th, 2016, 21:56
That misplaced clamp alone won't trigger the CEL on its own, really. There's no pressure there. Could be that connectors for N249 and N112 are mixed up. I've seen this more than once.

Aronis
November 17th, 2016, 03:14
oh...

it is was happening daily, until I moved that clamp, since the hose was loose I figured it was leaking enough. After replacing it I went 4 days with multiple starts and stops without a CEL. I'll have to look at the two different connections....thank you.

Mike

(I am being to suspect that the pump itself my be loosing oomph)

hahnmgh63
November 18th, 2016, 10:31
That's why I asked about the CEL. The SAI pump doesn't put out enough air pressure that it would leak without that clamp on. Your on the right track checking the hoses but with both sides faulting it might be the pump or the cycling valve under the airbox or the vacuum line to it.

Aronis
November 18th, 2016, 16:18
I reseated the clamp and it has been good. I already looked at all the vacuum lines and they were new a few years ago. The control solenoid failure would not be so intermittent. Perhaps the pump is not running a peak efficiency. My next step if it comes back will be to replace the pump and the valve and all the tubing. I wish the Cel was more specific, but with both sides triggering the same warning I doubt it is the Oxygen sensors (both new) or the Combivalves. When I had a vacuum hose off a few years back, the error was only on that side so a loss of vacuum on one would not lead to both sides showing the error. When I first moved the clamp at the pump I put it over the end and I don't think it was seated correctly (hoping).

Mike