PDA

View Full Version : Radio problem

Thilo
February 9th, 2004, 13:35
I have the nav plus in my RS6. I have two major problems with the radio.

1. How can i turn off the "AF". During the drive i always have gaps of half a second in the radio programm. A guy told me, that AF (auto frequency) is always looking for the best signal. But i couldn't find a menu item called AF or auto frequency to turn it off.

2. How can i switch the programmed radio stations with the comfort steering weel. I can only search the frequencys but can't directly jump from one to the other programmed station. I have always to press the button on the navi plus to jump to programmed stations.

That's all, but i drive me crazy.

PS : The noise from my brakes is getting worth every kilometer i drive.

Greeting
Thilo

TheBrit
February 9th, 2004, 15:55
As far as I know, AF is an RDS function, so the only way to turn it off would be to switch RDS off and lose station names, traffic programme etc. A lot of Audi units support a selectable signal level at which the unit searches for an alternate (sometimes called DX/LO selection) - I can't remember if the Nav+ supports this setting, but if it does, try changing it and see if that makes any difference.

Good luck!

Chris.

StoneyM
February 14th, 2004, 13:25
The gaps you experience are similar to the ones I have - mine are caused solely by the TP which when turned off cures these gaps 100% :0:

Erik
February 14th, 2004, 14:18
Stoney, I like the "Never Knowingly Overtaken"
:D