PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on refreshing the car

UrS6
September 9th, 2016, 17:42
My RS6 has about 110k miles now and it's not feeling too tight. I have a coil over system in it and I just bought all the front control arms etc and will be installing them soon. I'm also thinking about doing tranny mounts and motor mounts since they look pretty quick to install. What do we all think about subframe bushings at this age? Are they prone to wearing out or are they pretty long lasting? After I do the front of the car I'll start doing the rear arms and diff mount and my subframe question is the same. I imagine control arms all around will transform the smoothness and quietness of the car.

Bigglezworth
September 10th, 2016, 01:00
I have performed all the above refresh you have outlined plus more, and never batted an eye at wanting to replace subframe bushings. Largely because it's not something that is readily available, nor a feat that one would want to undertake without the proper tools.

Turbowned
September 10th, 2016, 02:34
I always take a good look at the underside of my car whenever I have it up on a lift for service; the rear bushings in my car look very healthy compared to most cars at this age that I've seen. With 034Motorsport front control arms and new Koni dampers all around I have to say the car still doesn't feel quite as tight as a new Audi, though. Might be the firmness of the dampers. The front arms take considerably more abuse than the rears.

UrS6
September 10th, 2016, 15:14
I have performed all the above refresh you have outlined plus more, and never batted an eye at wanting to replace subframe bushings. Largely because it's not something that is readily available, nor a feat that one would want to undertake without the proper tools.
So you did or did not do subframe bushings?

Bigglezworth
September 15th, 2016, 14:19
Did not. Saw no reason to undertake the work.