PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick and tired of Bosch DV's

avdh
February 9th, 2004, 09:15
3700 km (2300mls) with the RS6 and one DV is on it's way out and the other totally dead! (my guess it that it must have happened around 3200 - 3500 km).
Contrary to the S3 (& TT), the RS6 has built in protection to limit the boost if such failure occurs, which make me think that Audi are well aware of the problem, but rather built in proptections on their cars than actually fixing the problem which is poor quality DV from their supplier Bosch.
Frankly these DV's are a joke!
On our first S3/154, we changed DV's 3 times in less than 30000 km (18650 mls) and the same with the newer S3/165.

BTW the Forge DVR which looks like the Bosch but is metal and different construction, cannot be fitted the RS6 or a standard S3, because the softer of the 3 springs supplied is still way too stiff. A softer spring than the green one would do the trick though.

Eu 85000 car with sub standard part?

TheBrit
February 9th, 2004, 15:50
Strange, I've had no problems with the OEM Bosch DVs on either the 2.7T or the RS 6. Do you think your elevation is anything to do with it?

I dodn't know there was built-in DV failure protection, but I know USA spec cars had a system installed that limits boost at higher altitudes - do you think SA spec cars have the same feature?

avdh
February 10th, 2004, 06:22
Hi Chris,

All RS6 cut power above 1500m altitude, not just the US models.

As for the DVs, maybe you should have yours checked on a regular basis.
With the right tool, which your Audi dealer should have, it takes less than a minute, as it can be done with the DV in place.

If you go to the S3 website and search for DV's, you will see that even in the UK, there has been lots of DV failures.

The S3 has been at sea level for most of its life and still needed new DV's three times....

I going for the forge DV-R, with softer (than Forge "green" standard) springs.
If you put the standard Forge spring your ESP light will come on, stay on and your car will start cutting power.

We'll see how long that will last.

nyrs6
February 10th, 2004, 18:47
thats why when speedtchnik does the chip and exhaust the put new dvs valves with it stratmosphere sells it for 250 u can install it ure self if u want yep audi knows about i cant believe they dont do anything about it its also in the 2.7ts so my dads rs6 has high performance dvs and the dealer told us that it was good we changed them he said the stock ones were junk. so my suggestion is to change it for hyperboot diverter valve stratmosphere.com sells them they also take a some turbo lag away

Speed Technik
February 10th, 2004, 20:50
The Bosch D/V's are junk....and the 710n's are not much better. You can't go wrong with a nice pair of Hyperboost D/V's which I can ship to anyone that emails me, in stock, ready to go. Black (Most go with BK from the stealth approach) Silver or glass blasted (cool silver gray).

Brian

avdh
February 11th, 2004, 06:29
The correct Bosch DV for the RS6 is not the 710N but the 710P (softer) either way they are both useless.

avdh
February 12th, 2004, 15:42
Since yesterday new DV's and the babe is back with all of it's mighty glorious power!