PDA

View Full Version : Another RS6 in a salvage auction

atikovi
August 28th, 2016, 18:05
https://www.iaai.com/vehicles/vehicledetails.aspx?auctionid=21377650&itemid=22212021&rownumber=1

Low miles and certainly repairable.

Bigglezworth
August 29th, 2016, 02:59
I've taken the front of this car apart close to a dozen times in various capacities, and it's difficult to believe threre is $14K in damage based upon the photos and that the car starts, runs, and all airbags are in tact. Wish I was closer to places like this. Well, maybe my wallet doesn't.... ack

Other_Erik
August 29th, 2016, 10:58
I've taken the front of this car apart close to a dozen times in various capacities, and it's difficult to believe threre is $14K in damage based upon the photos and that the car starts, runs, and all airbags are in tact. Wish I was closer to places like this. Well, maybe my wallet doesn't.... ack

From how the pictures look, I don't see more than 7-8k worth of repairs/replacements including the lower door molding and a new bumper skin. Maybe the engine cradle is compromised?

Makes it seem like the easiest route to getting a fair value out of the RS6 I'm trying to sell would be to let one of the local dumbshit drivers hit me instead of taking evasive maneuvers like I have to do about every other day... but just my luck it'd be someone without insurance and I'd get dinged for having to use un/under-insured motorist coverage instead.

O_E

atikovi
August 29th, 2016, 12:56
but just my luck it'd be someone without insurance

Just wonderful how VA drivers aren't required to have insurance.

Aronis
August 29th, 2016, 15:34
Lots of nice parts to be had!!!