PDA

View Full Version : Feds on my visor

Sohoboy
February 9th, 2004, 04:00
Does anyone know how to remove those incredibly irritating federal warning stickers from the visors? I have 'suede' fabric posts, visors and roof panel and the stickers appear to be heat glued onto the fabric.

Thanks
RS6 Daytona Gray/Gray
in Boston

nene
February 9th, 2004, 13:55
I've tried to pry those out as well, but after spending 45 minutes I gave up. I did not even make a single dent in my trials.

Audihead
February 10th, 2004, 16:52
It's probably best to leave them on in this sue happy society of ours. Who know's what can and will happen. Yes, I think they are annoying and stupid too, but if you get in an accident here in the U.S. you can get sued for anything. Including not having those little warning stickers.:doh:

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Klint
February 10th, 2004, 18:27
Originally posted by Bimmerhead
It's probably best to leave them on in this sue happy society of ours. Who know's what can and will happen. Yes, I think they are annoying and stupid too, but if you get in an accident here in the U.S. you can get sued for anything. Including not having those little warning stickers.:doh:

That's good thinking. Maybe there's some state law about the location of them or something?

We have a couple jetskies which are really dedicated to the American market, these came with loads of warning stickers, we had an engineer strip them off the paintwork with alcohol then stick them into the logbook. Might be an idea once you've managed to remove them.

Personally, I don't think American's are that stupid to even need them on the sunvisors saying "Warning, your head may get into contact with this part during an accident when in use P.s Audi NA isn't liable". They look hideous too. :doh:

Speed Technik
February 10th, 2004, 20:59
It's like the tags on matresses....

JP4
February 11th, 2004, 06:23
Originally posted by Klint

Personally, I don't think American's are that stupid to even need them on the sunvisors saying "Warning, your head may get into contact with this part during an accident when in use P.s Audi NA isn't liable". They look hideous too. :doh:

Certainly not all are but did you here about the ole boy that sued the manufacturer of his mobile home after it ran off the road? Story is that he put the cruise control on and GOT OUT OF HIS SEAT to go get a cup of coffee. For some reason the mobile home ran off the road in his absence. Go figure! :trash:

Anyway...apparently the mobile home manufacturer immediately issued warning to all owners of their mobile homes and required all owners as well as newly manufactured vehicles to post warning clearly visible to the drivers NOT TO LEAVE THE SEAT while driving, even if the cruise control is engaged.

Just when you've thought you heard it all!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Finnus
February 11th, 2004, 21:06
did you here about the ole boy that sued the manufacturer of his mobile home after it ran off the road? Story is that he put the cruise control on and GOT OUT OF HIS SEAT to go get a cup of coffee. For some reason the mobile home ran off the road

The really sad part is that he'll probably win the lawsuit or better yet, settle out-of-court.

Finnus

:addict:

Audihead
February 12th, 2004, 17:48
Originally posted by Finnus
The really sad part is that he'll probably win the lawsuit or better yet, settle out-of-court.

Finnus

:addict:

Yep, the thinking is to pay a small sum put warning stickers on everything and not take responsibility for anything. Got to love the good 'ol U.S.A. . God it drives me nuts somtimes.

sturs6
February 12th, 2004, 20:53
Is that a mobile home or Motorhome. :D Mobile homes are those things that blow away into tooth picks during a tornado Motor homes are those things also known as RV's. :D

JP4
February 13th, 2004, 05:16
Originally posted by sturs6
Is that a mobile home or Motorhome.

My bad!!!:trash:

I meant to say Motorhome. And yes I think the manufacturer settled out of court and spent bunches of money trying to make the motor homes idiot proof by contacting all registered owners and putting placards on the dash.

It just drives me crazy too!:w:

Aronis
February 14th, 2004, 01:50
Did you try a hot iron, perhaps that will lossen the glue on the label.

Mike

nene
February 17th, 2004, 18:04
Try putting this warning over the old ones instead:

http://images5.fotki.com/v58/photos/8/87136/336247/mike-vi.jpg