PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Power Steering Pump

cruzanrs6
August 24th, 2016, 22:19
So looks like the time has come, I've been searching around for pricing : Dealer New is $736.96, I've seen them on various sites from $131 for a A-1 Cardone on up to $512 from ECS for a OEM. The one that appeals to me is a remfg. ZF for $261 or Bosch for $250. Curious what others have done.

TIA

mgmarsh39
August 24th, 2016, 22:45
What are/were your symptoms? I suspect mine is on the way out. Goaning/moaning and sometimes mushy feeling.

bethridg
August 24th, 2016, 23:54
I replaced mine with a reman A-1 Cardone from Rock Auto ($135+core at the time) which came with the exact same ZF markings the original had but painted black. No complaints after 2 years and ~10k miles.

cruzanrs6
August 25th, 2016, 00:00
After car has cooled down (so mornings at first start up), turn the wheel side-to- side and hear groaning sound, it does go away after its warmed up. I did replace the reservoir and flushed with new fluid, it did help for a while but noise has come back. I do see fluid movement in the reservoir and no bubbles either so it's not cavitating - must just be some "binding" that occurs with the ccooler more viscous fluid at cold start up.

RSoverAll
August 25th, 2016, 06:01
My pump was noisy when turning near full lock, flushed the fluid with new Redline PS fluid and noise went away, steering feels brand new now.