PDA

View Full Version : A couple of VCDS results questions

UrS6
August 17th, 2016, 20:19
I am going to post a log but my cheapo laptop can't connect to my wifi. I am working on that. I had an EGT code and replaced the EGT boards so that is all set. Just did all the little vacuum hoses, spark plugs gapped to .026, new OEM diverters, and apikol MAF seals. Before and after this I had a hesitation/ jerk under partial throttle as if I was towing a heavy load that slid back under acceleration. Like boost coming on and off. Power seems down. So I have no codes as of right now but I just cleared the EGT code recently after replacing the boards. A couple things I noticed in VCDS:

one maf reads ~3.08 g/s the other ~1.94 g/s. It seems they should be much closer. I believe the MAFs are seated properly in these new seals and it was the same before I replaced the seals.

cylinder 5 misfire counter clicked up to 3 while I was looking at it.

Coolant temp seems fine. TPS reads right and swings with the pedal. O2 sensors seem to be reading correctly. Car smells rich.

When end I update my computer so it can connect to wifi I'll post logs but any thoughts in the meantime?

nubcake
August 17th, 2016, 20:50
Stock tune? Do EGT sensors read correct temps now?

UrS6
August 17th, 2016, 20:57
Stock tune? Do EGT sensors read correct temps now?
Sorry stage one tune. They both appear to read correctly. The egt before read correctly but had an intermittent short. Appears to be good with the new boards. Upon doing some more research I think I should pressure test the ICs

nubcake
August 17th, 2016, 22:07
Aftermarket ECU tunes can "mask" problems at times, depending on how it's done. Hence the lack of DTCs.
Regardless, it's a good idea to pressure test the intake, yep.

Don't be alarmed by the difference in MAFs @ idle, it alone does not indicate any issues.