PDA

View Full Version : Quick Torx Bolt size question.....re: removing window carrier.

Aronis
August 6th, 2016, 23:22
I am replacing my door lock and knew I needed a torx drive, but the youtube video guy just says "Large Torx" bolt but did not say which size.

Anyone know what the size is, I don't want to buy a bunch and trial and error it. I already have the other socket for the lock, bought a set to adjust the rear door latch.

Thank you,

Mike

AndyRS6
August 7th, 2016, 01:17
In service manual T-45

Andriy

Aronis
August 7th, 2016, 02:01
Thank you, I went to Auto Zone and figured it out.LOL....

My Bently CD is locked to my prior dead laptop, it's just a pain to get a new code from the folks who make those CD. :) I have the old hard drive in a box and can access it but it's temperamental. Some parts I cannot access easily without the program crashing. Anyone have a hack for that CD security? I own a copy! The car has outlasted the past three laptops I had it on.

I got the window carrier off and uncovered the lock. Now I am trying to get the retaining slide off the lock. It's a little corroded so I sprayed some DW40 on it.

I'll try again in the morning.

Mike

Aronis
August 7th, 2016, 03:01
See the other tread....LOL.....son of a bitch!...

:)

ps got my Bently CD open and read the method of removing the lock, NO NEED TO REMOVE THE CARRIER>

:)
too bad I already did.

Good thing there is a section of how to align the window. :) I marked the shims as best I could.

AndyRS6
August 7th, 2016, 05:42
Sorry to hear that. From audizine quote "Started out by removing trim, and hoped to remove the latch without removing the window mount. It's says so in the Bentley, but it was too tight. Removed window mount, and it was easier to flip off the connector, key rod and lock rod".

I think that's one of those Audi repairs when you can do short cut, but it takes more time at the end.
By "ELSA" manual you need to remove window mount.

Andriy

Aronis
August 7th, 2016, 11:04
Certainly looks easier removing everything. LOL.

But at least I don't think I have to mess with the handle and key cylinder. That bar is stuck.