PDA

View Full Version : Help Wiper Motor "Park" Relay / Switch

Dmb408
July 19th, 2016, 14:55
So, have my car at the indy. My wipers had been giving me phantom wipes when i turn the car on, three wipes. And then the wipers stop, sometimes in the middle of the windshield. Needless to say this annoyed me for a while. We tried the relay behind the kick panel first, that didn't work, more investigating sent us to the park relay/switch within the motor being bad. We verified that it is this. So new wiper motor is $375 from Audi, any other ideas? Anyone have one used?

P1054
July 19th, 2016, 17:48
I'm not sure what the "Park" relay/switch is, but assuming it's inside the wiper motor assembly, I have one. PM me if you're interested.

Dmb408
July 19th, 2016, 19:14
Yes it is within the motor, a relay within the closed motor assembly that tells the motor when the wipers are in the "park" position (settled). My indy was confused at first cause he was looking at all the diagrams and doing all the power tests and was like I have a relay (behind the kick panel), a stalk/switch, and a motor (that either works or doesnt and mine did). And he was missing the relay within the motor.