PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help

tightgroup
July 19th, 2016, 02:34
Left the car at the interior parking where I work and got a car wash. Came to leave for home , noticed key fob not working , unlocked with key. No interior lights , no click to start nothing completely dead, as if there is no battery.
I had to leave in a hurry, so I did not check to see if battery cable or ground got disconnected.

I am wondering if there is an immobilizer on the car, since the cleaning crew did move the car into a parking space after it was washed and maybe they triggered something. Or is this something else ??

Thanks

TG

mrdave
July 19th, 2016, 03:09
The immobilizer only prevents the car from being started, that's it. In fact, it actually does start, runs for about 1-2 sec, then shuts off with a flashing key symbol on the dash. Anyway, it sounds like your battery is dead or is otherwise not delivering any power (loose cable, fuses, etc).

SteveKen
July 19th, 2016, 14:44
Your car is getting wet and the CLU (edited this) is getting jacked up and also most likely, there are junction points in the body harness that get corroded and deteriorate. Once this happens, the rear puddle lights on the seats, interior lights and sunroof among other things become inoperable.

BTDT a long time ago with an S6: http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c5-platform-discussion-7/solved-my-electrical-problem-1726146/#post15380935

lswing
July 19th, 2016, 17:32
^^^Water could be it. Yep, check passenger footwell, TCU. Next, pop hood, remove cowl, look at drain and main fuse passenger side. Look over at ECU too.

tightgroup
July 19th, 2016, 18:14
Thanks , Its getting towed on Wednesday (no puddle on passenger side) The interior parking is 6.2 so there using a trolley :( to tow the car. I will get back with the cause as soon as I know.

SteveKen
July 19th, 2016, 18:22
I made a mistake above ans said TCU instead of CLU.

I'll try and get some pictures back up for you. There are three (3) wire junction points where crimps are made (similar to wire nuts) and the bare wires can be exposed to moisture and corrode/deteriorate the connection. These are all under the driver's seat behind the CLU enclosure. TCU is on the passenger side.

tightgroup
July 25th, 2016, 20:58
Finally got the Beast to Rombotis Tuning. The issue was Pine needles that blocked the rain drain and caused water accumulation which in turn corroded the power feed from the battery to the junction box.. :( I park close to Pine trees in my drive way..

Again thanks great forum..

Aronis
July 25th, 2016, 21:12
Pine Trees are cruel. You should cut them down and BURN them.....:)