PDA

View Full Version : Torque Converter... dead horse?

Tech73
June 30th, 2016, 01:30
Hello All,
Although I am not new to Audi, but I am somewhat new to having my RS6. I purchased her last July, and currently has approx 90k miles. She has the typical Torque Converter fault, and I have one question which to some may seem like beating a dead horse. Which torque converter would you recommend I use as a replacement?

I can get a brand new converter from Audi, or I've heard of Edge racing and level ten. From all the reading I have done it seems that the original issue is a seal failure which would be corrected with a new Audi converter. I do wonder if its worth placing trust in some aftermarket brands for such an invasive repair. I have seen many aftermarket parts go into Audi's, only to be replaced with factory parts shortly afterward.

Does anyone have any long term experience with an aftermarket converter? (My RS6 does not have any ECM/TCM tuning)

Any objective input would be greatly appreciated!

lswing
June 30th, 2016, 02:39
All TC are about the same now...replace trans while you're at it. Audi, Tozo, ACE/Edge, L10, all fine, it's a simple part. The labor is long though...engine out.