PDA

View Full Version : Sun Roof Acting up

cruzanrs6
June 29th, 2016, 18:41
So I posted earlier about the rattle - have not resolved this yet. The other issue is that apparently the glass panel has gotten off track on the sliding mechanism. I was able to correct this, however, now when turning the switch to full close the panel slides forward but just before actual final close it retracts back again - as though maybe a limit switch or the switch itself is acting up. I am able to close the roof via the key fob and very gingerly pressing the lock button until the glass slides into "almost" full closed position. Ideas ??

TIA -

Cmnair
May 4th, 2017, 00:21
I am having similar issues along with rattle. Did you resolve this?

JSRS6
May 4th, 2017, 14:12
Our windows and sunroof have pinch protection. So when the draw on the motor reaches a threshold limit, it reverses. Did you clean the tracks? It doesn't take much friction to cause it to reverse.

JSRS6
May 4th, 2017, 14:13
As for the rattle, it is most likely one of the 4 guides that the sunroof cover slides on. Not fun to fix if it's the rears.

Cmnair
May 4th, 2017, 16:33
Thanks will look into it

cruzanrs6
May 4th, 2017, 16:46
I did clean the tracks and this alleviated the "reversing" of the roof. There was much debris in the tracks. As for the rattle of the metal deflector piece, I need to replace the 2 clips one for each side that attaches/secures the deflector to its attachment points that then slide along the track system , The p/n is 8T8-877-695 (need 2 ea) they are like $50 ea.

Cmnair
May 4th, 2017, 19:22
My sunroof cover is now freely sliding all the way into the rear now...may have unclipped the retainer

Bigglezworth
May 5th, 2017, 13:48
The p/n is 8T8-877-695 (need 2 ea) they are like $50 ea.Holy! Did they come with a compliementary tube of Vasoline??