PDA

View Full Version : Rattle in the back seat anyone?

john hulbrock
February 7th, 2004, 15:36
I've been plagued with a rattle in the back seat- passenger side- since the car was new- The dealer wrapped the wires under there with foam- no improvement- I put bubble wrap around everything under the seat- no improvement-
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? ANY SOLUTIONS?
The rattle is driving me nuts- over every bump the creaking sound erupts
Next week the dealer will keep the car for a few days and try to track down the culprit.
Any help from fellow RS6 owners would be appreciated.
JH

noushy
February 8th, 2004, 22:45
I am so glad that someone else has heard this anoying rattle as well. It is more of a squeak, like the rear seat is not fully anchored down. Mine does it on the driver's rear though. I have been meaning to take it in, when I get to fixing the annoying onstar redlight thing. Let me know what you find out about it.

Noushy
(noushyk@hotmail.com)

eph94
February 9th, 2004, 21:45
My creaking sounds like it is coming from the driver's side rear as well. :error:

edanetz
February 9th, 2004, 22:31
I'm having the same problems as well. Let me know what you come up with...it's driving me nuts! :bang:

StoneyM
February 14th, 2004, 13:20
I had an incredibly annoying rattle/squeak fro rear seat passenger side. It drove me absolutely Carlo. Eventually found the cause to be the catch of the load cover main unit where it slots in an out of the bracket.
Had it all replaced under warranty.:D

boff
February 14th, 2004, 14:28
Nice - My Audi dealer told me it was a "heatshield" that had been bent back. I drove it away and it was blatantly still doing it - I will take them this thread and they will be able to fix it this time!!

Many thanks

Boffster

Aronis
February 16th, 2004, 03:41
I had what sounds like the same problem with my 2000 A6 4.2 after a year or so.

It was the latches for the back seats where they fold down.

Just use Silicon Spray or DW 40 spray.

That should do it!

Mike

PS RATTELS DRIVE ME NUTS TOO