PDA

View Full Version : why aren't we discussing this car?

Dmb408
May 31st, 2016, 14:31
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=48230&endYear=2017&modelCode1=RS6&showcaseOwnerId=0&makeCode1=AUDI&startYear=1981&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=[AUDI[RS6[]][]]&listingId=421511297&Log=0

Wow. Not worth 49.9 but definitely worth north of 30 due to Trans, color combo, condition, etc.

mrdave
May 31st, 2016, 16:00
Working link here (http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=421511297).

Beautiful car, looks brand new. But just a tad high on the price.

DHall1
May 31st, 2016, 16:06
I'm told one of 3 full MTM conversions done in the US

big money for sure

Stephen has one of the other ones. He says wicked fast

jtmdmd1
May 31st, 2016, 16:59
Where did the RS6 cap come from? I can't find any RS6 apparel except for one RS T-shirt from Romania.

lswing
May 31st, 2016, 17:15
That's a hot car...I'd drop $35k if I had space for an extra. Sh!t will still break on it and cost plenty to fix...and that wood grain, ughhh.

Dmb408
May 31st, 2016, 20:28
lswing, good catch on the wood, i didnt catch that/usually catch does it have, warm weather package, CF, SE exhaust, Navi stock, etc. I didnt this time.

Stephencl
May 31st, 2016, 21:18
True story....

I am told that there were only three full conversions done. Techs were flown in from MTM Germany to complete. It appears that all three were black as well. Mine is CRAZY fast, and wouldnt be surprised if HP was closer to 600. Also of interest, the ECU is user tunable for gasoline conditions, and the MTM instructions come with a guide on how to calibrate the ecu.

The exhaust alone was close to $8k USD....

stephen

I'm told one of 3 full MTM conversions done in the US

big money for sure

Stephen has one of the other ones. He says wicked fast

Stephencl
May 31st, 2016, 21:19
Where did the RS6 cap come from? I can't find any RS6 apparel except for one RS T-shirt from Romania.

I have one of the caps as well. Used to be available via the audi dealers. Bought mine with my first rs6 in 2005.

stephen

bethridg
May 31st, 2016, 21:32
I didn't like the wood trim when I got my car but it's grown on me to the point where I prefer it now. Only exception would be the RS6+ CF. Hnnnnnggg.

Never heard of the wood trim yellowing or cracking like CF....
And I don't think I'll ever warm up to the Silver interiors though puke:

DHall1
May 31st, 2016, 21:56
Interesting on the black wood trim.

The clear coat does seem thicker. It looks good in person and RS6 only

I didn't like the wood trim when I got my car but it's grown on me to the point where I prefer it now. Only exception would be the RS6+ CF. Hnnnnnggg.

Never heard of the wood trim yellowing or cracking like CF....
And I don't think I'll ever warm up to the Silver interiors though puke:

mrdave
May 31st, 2016, 22:00
I didn't like the wood trim when I got my car but it's grown on me to the point where I prefer it now.

I'll 2nd that. Both my RS6 and S6 have dark wood trim and I think it looks classy. Honestly, the CF trim seems dated to me.

hahnmgh63
May 31st, 2016, 23:04
Is that an MTM exhaust or APR/B&B. Was never a fan of the 4 outlets. Happy with my Milltek. Still the oval, just slightly larger than stock. Full MTM but not a manual? The Euro MTM cars were 6spd weren't they? Unless Level10 has improved they've had a lot of bad press for about the last 5+yrs.

Stephencl
May 31st, 2016, 23:31
Is that an MTM exhaust or APR/B&B. Was never a fan of the 4 outlets. Happy with my Milltek. Still the oval, just slightly larger than stock. Full MTM but not a manual? The Euro MTM cars were 6spd weren't they? Unless Level10 has improved they've had a lot of bad press for about the last 5+yrs.

Yes, that's an MTM 4 pipe exhaust. Has electronically controlled valves that open up at 4K rpm. Makes a huge difference in the sound.

The MTM cars were all auto's as far as I know. They certainly never listed a 6 speed conversion as a part of their pricing online back then. But maybe a few got converted.

nistah
June 1st, 2016, 03:36
Wow sweet MTM RS6

I didn't like the wood trim when I got my car but it's grown on me to the point where I prefer it now. Only exception would be the RS6+

I didn't like the wood trim when I got my first RS6 & it grew on me too, then I got my second RS6 and ditched the wood in favor of an O-carbon CF set. I could never go back to a wood trim set again & quite frankly I find the quality of the O-carbon product to far exceed the factory CF. This MTM example would benefit from a set of O-carbon or similar quality CF IMHO

nistah
June 1st, 2016, 03:41
Yes, that's an MTM 4 pipe exhaust. Has electronically controlled valves that open up at 4K rpm. Makes a huge difference in the sound.

If you ever take your MTM RS6 to Katie's cars & coffee or similar in NOVA please PM b/c me I would love to check it out and would bring my Black RS6 along too. May lead to me buying the other MTM RS6 that's for sale up-thread if it's still on the market! :addict:

4.2Crew
June 1st, 2016, 10:20
I'll 2nd that. Both my RS6 and S6 have dark wood trim and I think it looks classy. Honestly, the CF trim seems dated to me.

Ditto that!...

DHall1
June 1st, 2016, 15:16
Where are my meds!!

i actually have an idea brewing in my head.

Just shoot me

True story....

I am told that there were only three full conversions done. Techs were flown in from MTM Germany to complete. It appears that all three were black as well. Mine is CRAZY fast, and wouldnt be surprised if HP was closer to 600. Also of interest, the ECU is user tunable for gasoline conditions, and the MTM instructions come with a guide on how to calibrate the ecu.

The exhaust alone was close to $8k USD....

stephen

Dmb408
June 1st, 2016, 16:21
So what you are saying Dave is you are going to buy this MTM and convert it to a 6spd, possibly a 6spd, MTM wagon!?

Where are my meds!!

i actually have an idea brewing in my head.

Just shoot me

DHall1
June 1st, 2016, 16:24
I should just buy it.

1 of 3 needs to be kept just the way it is.

Kwv3 and Hotchkis are the only changes needed

mrdave
June 1st, 2016, 17:06
I should just buy it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI/giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, having 1 of 3 MTM cars would be AMAZING.

bethridg
June 1st, 2016, 17:22
I should just buy it.

http://i.imgur.com/qW9Cx5q.jpg

Turbowned
June 3rd, 2016, 16:34
The funny thing is that these cars wear so well, it's hard to tell (in pictures at least) the difference between a 30k-mile car and a 130k-mile car! I don't know if I could justify the extra expense to be afraid of driving my RS6 for fear of putting too much wear-and-tear on it... Nice to see a few of these garage queens still exist, though.