PDA

View Full Version : Milltek Catback & ABT Quad muffler?

Julian Yang
February 7th, 2004, 02:30
Hi...^^
My new S4 is comming out in 17-23,FEB. will deliver to dealer in Germany and ship in 1 or 2days after, to South Korea....will take about a month I hope....
I'm planning to install Milltek CATBACKs and ABT muffler systems,,Would that be any trouble intalling those systems in one? Is that be a good combination?
:s4addict:

--------------------Milltek CATBACKS--------------------------------
"Audi S4 4.2 V8 Downpipes & CATs - Milltek is out in front again with the impressive downpipes and CATs for the new Audi S4 4.2 V8. Bolting directly to your exhaust manifolds, these performance CATs replaces the OEM primary CAT with a 200-cell platinum-coated metal high-flow CAT and eliminates the OEM secondary CAT.

Power gains come when you can free up flow as close to the engine as possible and the Milltek Sport Hi-Flo CATs deliver! "

Muju
February 7th, 2004, 23:01
I recommend you call Miltek and speak to a guy called Phil Millington (owner of Miltek). Ask him what he thinks about abt and miltek together. Since they know the best.

Your friend,
mike

Julian Yang
February 8th, 2004, 02:59
I got an E-mail a month ago from Dave Marshall in MILLTEK U.K. said It will be available in FEB ..
I send him an E-mail regarding installing MILLTEK CATBACKs and ABT muffler systems in one....still waiting an reply:confused:
If you have any other informations or advice, It will be wonderful:s4addict:
This is ABT SP 8.5J-19 inch that I'm planning to install..What do you think? I was considering buy SPORTEC RIMS but too much expensive...

Muju
February 15th, 2004, 17:35
Hey Julian,

The abt wheels look great. Ive seen them on a black S6 and they really look good.:race:

You should consider the race cat from miltek. On the a4 the normal cat is heap of shit. Getting my full exhaust system installed soon and the turbo starts 800rpm earlier=)

Julian Yang
February 16th, 2004, 00:11
What you talking about Milltek CATBACKs is a one fine systems to installing on 2004 S4 TIP?
I think those systems are made of special materials like 304 stainlessteel which have been used for racing car ...I heard:p
And I think it can't be campared to those OEM products. perfomancewise,and durabilitywise,....
I think that Milltek CATs is one of the best I can consider to my 2004 S4 TIP.
These are photoes of CATs and Exhaust systems for new2004 S4 TIp.

Julian Yang
February 16th, 2004, 01:08
"Announcing the first catback exhaust for the new 2004 S4 4.2. We all know that the stock exhaust is far too quiet and restrictive. Tuners in Europe have reported gains of 15hp (at the wheels) with this catback exhaust and that has been verified in the USA on a 4-Wheel Dynapack dyno along with a 20 lb-ft gain in torque (at the wheels). Awesome Milltek quality and fit, Dual 100mm perforated lined tips (90mm pictured). Get that deeper sound with the power to match."
I got this articles from Milltek site.

:s4addict:

Muju
February 16th, 2004, 11:59
hey Julian,

I mean you should consider the miltek cat (catalist) the first box filter that comes down from your engine

Julian Yang
February 16th, 2004, 12:59
Thanks for reply..
The guy in the Milltek(Dave Marshall) was so kind and He replied everytime I asked with very useful and practical knowledge...:p
Go to this site to get more informations about Milltek tunning parts.
http://www.stratmosphere.com/

Audihead
February 16th, 2004, 22:02
Julian, please let us know how everything works out when you get it all together. My S4 is due in late April or or May so this is very interesting for me to follow. I hope to go with the Milltek system as well, I to will be getting the Tip version. :wo:

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Julian Yang
February 17th, 2004, 12:40
Of course , there is Milltek full exhaust systems instead of ABT exhaust systems.
As you know the shape of Milltek single pipe which are on both side, It looks like normal OEM product ,but It Performancewisely could be much better than OEM produt I think.
The reason that I want ABT exhaust systems with Milltek CATs together is just because of the KOOL:0: shape Quad Muffler.
However, I need to know the diameter of ABT exhaust pipe to get connected in one.
I am still waiting for the reply from ABT regarding on that information.
What they said last week was ABT exhaust systems for S4 tip will be developted in March or April,by that time they will let me know the size of the Pipes to get directly connected to Milltek CATs.
So I need to be pacient for next 2 months.and you have plenty of time.:s4addict:
Milltek exhaust systems for S4 2004....enjoy

"Announcing the first catback exhaust for the new 2004 S4 4.2. We all know that the stock exhaust is far too quiet and restrictive. Tuners in Europe have reported gains of 15hp (at the wheels) with this catback exhaust and that has been verified in the USA on a 4-Wheel Dynapack dyno along with a 20 lb-ft gain in torque (at the wheels). Awesome Milltek quality and fit, Dual 100mm perforated lined tips (90mm pictured). Get that deeper sound with the power to match."

Audihead
February 27th, 2004, 20:11
Hey Jules, any word yet on the system?:confused:

Julian Yang
February 28th, 2004, 00:46
My S4 is just arrived in dealer and is about to shipping in next 5 or 6 days.
So it will take another 1 month to get delivery in Seoul.
Speaking of installing Milltek CATs and ABT exhaust systems,

1) Need to know the size of the ABT pipes to get connected in one. However ABT have not developed Quad exhaust systems for S4 TIP yet.

2) If ABT has new Quad Exhaust systems for S4 TIP, we need special adaptor to connect those CATs and Exhaust systems.

So it's kind of complicated things to get over it.:s4addict:

Audihead
February 28th, 2004, 19:57
Understood, Let us know. Bet you can't wait.:dance: