PDA

View Full Version : Prospective RS6 purchaser here

johnnymac
February 6th, 2004, 22:53
I am new today and let me say that this forum is awesome!
Almost makes me just want to buy one so I can be a real contributor!

My biggest question is ....Is Audi discontinuing this car?
Also, the one I saw is Daytona/ebony and lists for 88k.

I know there are a few more around and I like the fact that this is generaaly a rare automoblle, but I also want it to be worth something when i go to trade on the next audi supercar!

comments anyone?

oregonbob
February 7th, 2004, 01:27
Check this post:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3274

bilbozilla
February 7th, 2004, 02:01
It isn't cheap, but it is such a blast to drive. I love mine and considered the competition, and after driving them, I am glad I chose the RS6. Resale estimates will be speculative, but I've never bought a car for investment purposes and I've always considered the enjoyment as my ROI. Good luck in your decision, and we hope to see you here on the board with photos of your new ride.

Bauer
February 7th, 2004, 17:43
jonnymac-

I have owned many Audi's in the past in fact that is all I have ever owned....so you could say I am a little:D bias.

This is by far the best car Audi has ever made that I have driven or owned. I often ask myself when I see an exotic (lambo, ferrari, ect)...would I trade my RS6 for that car? The anwser always comes up no and not to say I dont love those cars as I am auto enthusiast. I appreciate all types of cars but for me the RS6 is the complete package....4 doors with pleanty of room, AWD for any type of conditions, 450HP for lots of fun, Great breaks for street use (track could use better pads) and a beautifull suspension set up(for street use). I really enjoy the suspension for every day use...it is stiff enough but not too stiff and the DRC is terific for spiritied drives.

The car is limited in numbers (about 1100) so you should not see many...which I really like. Also, I have noticed where I live (SF bay area) people come up to me all the time about the car, it is a bit strange to me as I have never had car where people do that.

As for the owners on this board if you do a search I think you will find that most if not all of the people would buy the car all over again. It is kind of hard to explain...you have to own it and you will understand when I say,"I am addicted to this car" I really love driving it, 11k in 5 months and my commute is about 5 min to work.

Hell we even had a member buy an RS6..loved it but said he wished it was a newer body style. So traded it in for CLK 430 after about a month of ownership. Drove the CLK for about a week and decieded he wanted his RS6 back. Went to the Dealer to get it and they had already sold it. So he got a new E55 and drove that for about two weeks. Didn't like it, felt it was boring compard to the RS6 so found a custom ordered white RS6 and traded his new E55 for the RS6.

If you can find someone to let you drive the car for a 1/2 day or even an hour you will understand what I mean. Once you own it is hard not to drive. Good luck with your decission and I hope you get the RS6:cheers:

johnnymac
February 8th, 2004, 03:52
Was it Polar white? I've tried to locate that color and can't..they must have discontinued it. jm

Bauer
February 9th, 2004, 01:43
It is the same white the Champion Race car is. Don't know if that is polar white though. 2manycars is the member who has it, shoot him a PM. My local dealer in Nor Cal got one for a customer as well....you had to special order it in the color. Good luck in your search:cheers:

Benman
February 13th, 2004, 20:57
Welcome Johnnymac:cheers: ,

Bauer and Bilbozilla make great points. It is hard to describe what exactly makes these Beasts SO great. It's not just one thing. I'ts the combination of everything. You simply have to own one to understand ( well, just driving one should do the trick;) ).

Hope you do decide on one as i'm sure you WON'T regret it. I KNOW we don't:cheers:

Ben:addict: