PDA

View Full Version : Rear rotors - availability?

ScottW
May 12th, 2016, 20:57
So, up here in Toronto, the dealer is looking to get $950 per rotor for OEM rears....this is clearly not the place to buy.

I've found the OEM at ECS Tuning for $900 USD for the pair.

Having said that, I cannot find anyone who has the Zimmerman rear rotors in stock...do any of you guys have a source that has stock that I can order at a "reasonable" price?

makaveli42
May 12th, 2016, 22:41
So, up here in Toronto, the dealer is looking to get $950 per rotor for OEM rears....this is clearly not the place to buy.I've found the OEM at ECS Tuning for $900 USD for the pair.Having said that, I cannot find anyone who has the Zimmerman rear rotors in stock...do any of you guys have a source that has stock that I can order at a "reasonable" price?eBay has generic looking ones usually....I ordered them and they are actually Zimmerman. Also. Advanced Auto Parts website had them for $424 shipped for the pair not too long ago. eBay was close to $400 I believe. Don't you dare even think of paying $900!!

ScottW
May 12th, 2016, 23:02
Thanks for the suggestions...nothing at AAP. Nothing on Ebay.

Looks like ECS for OEM...at least it's not dealership pricing.

This will be a nice service: new cv joints, new lower control arms, a few other maintenance items and now new rear brakes and pads. It's the annual expense! :)

makaveli42
May 12th, 2016, 23:11
There's a guy on here named Gary who's always selling OEM rotors cheap. He owns a parts store I believe. He's on Facebook and runs the c5 RS6 group page...try and find him. He will be the cheapest.

I I just searched eBay as well and all I found was front rotors for some reason?

nubcake
May 12th, 2016, 23:34
There is a cheaper option by the way. Zimmermans, part nr 100.3338.20. They are completely steel (~2 lbs heavier) and will require ~4 mm shims under the caliper mounting bolts. But they go for ~$100 a pair, hard to beat that.

ScottW
May 13th, 2016, 00:09
There's a guy on here named Gary who's always selling OEM rotors cheap. He owns a parts store I believe. He's on Facebook and runs the c5 RS6 group page...try and find him. He will be the cheapest.

I I just searched eBay as well and all I found was front rotors for some reason?

yeah, I spoke with Gary. Great guy, no stock. :-)

ScottW
May 13th, 2016, 00:11
There is a cheaper option by the way. Zimmermans, part nr 100.3338.20. They are completely steel (~2 lbs heavier) and will require ~4 mm shims under the caliper mounting bolts. But they go for ~$100 a pair, hard to beat that.

at this point, I'm going to suck it up and go oem.

I didnt get into this thinking the brakes would be cheap, I just didn't think I'd have to do them now.

fbatwork
May 15th, 2016, 16:13
https://www.europaparts.com/audi/rs/rs6-c5/parts/braking.html

Zimmerman rotors...

EINHORN
May 16th, 2016, 21:23
http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/productSearch.aspx?&ukey_make=1081&modelYear=2003&ukey_model=15642&ukey_trimLevel=19009&ukey_driveline=00&ukey_Category=21741&numResults=50&sortOrder=Relevance&isOnSale=0&isAccessory=0&isPerformance=0&searchTerm=rear%20rotors

s8prtotype
May 17th, 2016, 03:25
https://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/rear-rotorspair-jhm-piece-lightweight-for-c5-rs6-p-603.html

ScottW
May 18th, 2016, 22:25
https://www.europaparts.com/audi/rs/rs6-c5/parts/braking.html

Zimmerman rotors...

This is where I ended up ordering from.

To bring this thread to a conclusion, here's what I had to do to get these:

1) Placed order with ECS Tuning for OEM - $896 for the pair. Showed "in stock", the next day was notified "back order" without a delivery window available. Cancelled order.

2) Saw posted link to Jim Ellis Audi. Placed order with Jim Ellis Audi (in Atl) - $879 for the pair. Showed "in stock", called to confirm, They were in stock in NJ and couldn't be drop shipped, so I had to cover shipping from ATL to Toronto...$200 USD. Cancelled order.

3) Saw posted link to Europarts. $888 for the pair. In stock. Listed as OEM, not Zimmerman. Place order. Receive email stating they're Zimmerman, not OEM. I then questioned the price and was told that "they're both the same price whether OEM or Zimmerman. I stated that shouldn't be the case, cancel the order and figure I'll wait until OEM are available. Having slept on it overnight, I decided that I just wanted to get them and be done with it...this seemed to be the only place that had stock ANYWHERE. Checked website this morning, they were now listed as Zimmerman, and price had dropped to $299.95 per rotor as opposed to $444 per. Ordered. Shipped via FedEx today and will receive tomorrow.

As I didn't know when I could get them, I picked my car up yesterday...fresh cv joints/kits & new lower control arms...she's nice and tight again!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Aronis
May 18th, 2016, 23:28
:) nice

Mike

lswing
May 19th, 2016, 16:11
now listed as Zimmerman, and price had dropped to $299.95 per rotor as opposed to $444 per. Ordered. Shipped via FedEx today and will receive tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Interested to see what shows up, please let us know. That's a good find.

ScottW
May 20th, 2016, 15:16
Interested to see what shows up, please let us know. That's a good find.

Zimmerman rotors x 2, and Akebono pads showed up yesterday.

Next day shipping (FedEx) to Canada was only $80, and my FedEx charges (taxes etc. were only $28).

Two thumbs up to Europaparts for their pricing and service!