PDA

View Full Version : Can I join the club?

ahahah
May 11th, 2016, 13:49
Allright--just posted my VIN and am going through initiation (aka replacing all four brakes) tomorrow. I'm in the Boston area. I bought a black on black, with about 115k miles. DRC replaced with adjustable Konis around 108k. Otherwise, generally original parts with the factory sound package. I was looking at this one and an RS6 with 98k miles, but this was a little over $1k cheaper and had the timing belt, tires and service done recently versus at 75k, plus a recent transmission service so it seemed like a safer play. Generally speaking, the car runs well and is fun as fvck!

Her are some pics:

17382 17383 1738417385

lswing
May 11th, 2016, 15:33
Looking good!

What route you going with for the brakes? Do not use stock pads, or EBC Reds, issues.

Sure it has the Koni's? That thing is riding high in the back like a bad DRC. Lower that thing down...

ahahah
May 11th, 2016, 17:25
Yeah, those are old pictures from the add. I'll take some updated pictures later. I was plan on keeping it simple with Brembo's for brakes--is that crazy?

lswing
May 11th, 2016, 20:56
Yeah, those are old pictures from the add. I'll take some updated pictures later. I was plan on keeping it simple with Brembo's for brakes--is that crazy?

What part of the brakes you talking about? The calipers are already Brembo's, and work amazingly well. Upgrading to bigger brake kit?

Rotors are best OEM or Zimmerman. Pads, use Hawk, EBC Yellow, few others...

Aronis
May 12th, 2016, 01:00
Welcome.

Mike

nene
May 12th, 2016, 03:31
Welcome. I am also in Boston. Glad we have another friendly face on board.

Turbowned
May 12th, 2016, 03:33
Nice! I actually test drove that car before I bought mine two years ago. Sold me on the RS6, but black just wasn't my color, and at the time the owner had seemingly done little maintenance (he's since done some necessary stuff as I saw the ad pop up again recently). Congrats on the acquisition! I manage the Firestone on Comm Ave in Boston; if you ever happen to be in the area, swing by and say hi!

ahahah
May 13th, 2016, 15:23
Will do Turbowned--when I was doing my diligence on this one I was stalking your posts to try and figure out if you were the seller haha.

And still investigating the brakes actually--will report back.