PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the time has come - out with the DRC

cruzanrs6
April 26th, 2016, 16:55
One of my rear struts has sprung a leak. So I've been reading up on the archives on options to the DRC. I placed a call to 2benett and discussed their offering. They will custom build you a system (starting with Koni's) and configure it to your liking. I'm not wanting to lower the ride height and really did like the way the DRC felt. Curious if any others have their system - pricing is going to be around $2200. Thanks.

Dmb408
April 26th, 2016, 19:01
Buy a used rear strut from Dave, he has really nice ones laying around, that i should have bought, put it on and recharge the system.

4.2Crew
April 26th, 2016, 20:49
One of my rear struts has sprung a leak. So I've been reading up on the archives on options to the DRC. I placed a call to 2benett and discussed their offering. They will custom build you a system (starting with Koni's) and configure it to your liking. I'm not wanting to lower the ride height and really did like the way the DRC felt. Curious if any others have their system - pricing is going to be around $2200. Thanks.

Does $2200 include removing the old DRC and installing the Koni's?... If not, simply buy the Konis online and DIY----or have an Indy swap it all for less. $2200 for an assembled cash and carry set seems a bit steep----their gett'n about $1400 in labor to mount 4 springs to 4 Konis. ...Just my opinion tho.

cruzanrs6
April 26th, 2016, 22:00
Who is Dave - what is the contact info ?

Thanks

MaxRS6
April 26th, 2016, 22:33

Thanks

This is good....Who is this Dave guy?

Dave (aka Dhall1) is the Grand Poobah in these parts as I've heard it...;0

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M8f20e050e9aaf52bd52806bfa1e82e3fH0&pid=15.1

aka:

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/King/DaveRV5_zpsba50322a.jpg

Dmb408
April 26th, 2016, 22:49

Thanks
Dave is DHall1 as Max pointed out...he would have struts laying around for you from gently used RS6's from nice climates (because that is all he buys) on his "RS6 sanctuary."

Bigglezworth
April 27th, 2016, 04:14
The DRC system remains my preferred suspension for this car hands down. I have driven three identical cars with three different types of suspension in each and the DRC was the best. Like stated above, pick up a good condition Gen2 damper, get it swapped, and recharge the bank that failed. Should cost no more than $500 including the strut, swap, and recharge. That said, if DRC is no longer an option or not desired, and $ aren't a constraint, I would recommend a coil over system from either H&R, Bilstein, or KW. If you're on a budget, Koni Yellow Sports are in expensive and a 'reasonable' alternative - albeit not as good as either DRC or Coil overs - get what you pay for addage with this stuff....

DHall1
April 27th, 2016, 04:26
Too funny Max strikes again.

Yes I have a mint complete set of upgraded OEM struts.

Rears or fronts sold as pairs.