PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 owner in Chicago area

AndyRS6
April 23rd, 2016, 01:31
Hello,
after owning a6 2.7 2001 and a6 4.2 2002 i finally graduated to rs6 2003. I bought it 3 month ago at 111k miles and in need of major tlc. So, since I bought it, the whole interior was removed and cleaned, that includes dashboard which I glued back together. Btw, how many have an issue with the dashboard coming apart by the windshield? I switched driver and passenger seats cushions, because driver side was way worse than passenger as in most cars. Had to change trunk lock cuz it was broken. Had to re-tie all the wiring, to eliminate extra noise. So, interior is back in place and now I'm working on the engine. In this car as I see almost everything is original, transmission, TC, none of the sensors were ever changed, turbo is original as well. Even valve cover and other gaskets are original. So yeah, after having this car for over 3 month, I have not really driven it yet...:mech:
currently I'm working on timing belt, oil leaks and coolant leaks. Still have to address transmission leak and fron dif axel seal. Still have original DRC.
So, still work in progress. And I do have question , how to clean throttle body. Can I push the flap open to clean it? Also, can It be cleaned without having to recolibrate it afterward ?
i will upload more pics later, it is a pita to upload them here...

DHall1
April 23rd, 2016, 02:09
Vin last 6 please

No typical problems with dash

just push the throttle plate open and clean

AndyRS6
April 23rd, 2016, 16:43
Vin# 905725
I will also post all the info in Vin #compilation
I had dash issue with all 3 of my cars.
So, i dont need to disconnect harness ? everywhere i read on all the forums everyone says that once you push the plate, it will need to be re-calibrated.
Also, is it worth changing OEM water pump and thermostat, which was replaced at 96K at audi dealer to the after market one now from BlauParts with metal impeller.

DHall1
April 24th, 2016, 00:20
Oh wait

Late vin with over 110k and original trans and TC

say it ain't so

lol

AndyRS6
April 24th, 2016, 01:40
Yes, everything is original. Got all paperwork for services from 2 previous owners.

AndyRS6
April 24th, 2016, 01:43
However DRC was fixes multiple times.