PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a TCU pinout diagram. Getting engine light after 01E conversion.

sbcrc86
April 15th, 2016, 01:31
After completing 01e conversion the car runs and drives great. I'd say it's faster with stock software now than with unitronic stage2+ and the slush box before BUT I have a pesky engine light caused by TCu not having a valve body or associated sensors to talk to. The ecu code caused me to fail state inspection. With tcu removed the ecu throws a different MIL for no communication. So I have the f125 hooked up and have tried it in D and in N and both result in the same codes.
ECU Code is 18032 MIL request signal active (check TCM for errors too).
TCM codes are 17094 transmission fluid temp sensor (G93) P0170 malf.
18155 transmission solenoid power relay open or short to ground
18158 supply voltage to low

there are several different approaches I am going to try to fix this with but all require the TCU pinout and if possible the data bus pinout for transmission wiring harness @ trans. I've noticed the code is only triggered at ecu when engine revs hit specific points so I'm thinking if TCU thinks engine rpms are zero it may fix this whole issue.

Aronis
April 15th, 2016, 02:15
I thought the electronics for the 6 speed swap were well documented somewhere on this site.....I think they "Coded" out the AUtobox if I recall.

sbcrc86
April 15th, 2016, 02:35
The autobox can be coded out but I don't want that to get me flagged when the RMV analyzes my data.

SteveKen
April 15th, 2016, 02:56
After completing 01e conversion the car runs and drives great. I'd say it's faster with stock software now than with unitronic stage2+ and the slush box before BUT I have a pesky engine light caused by TCu not having a valve body or associated sensors to talk to. The ecu code caused me to fail state inspection. With tcu removed the ecu throws a different MIL for no communication. So I have the f125 hooked up and have tried it in D and in N and both result in the same codes.
ECU Code is 18032 MIL request signal active (check TCM for errors too).
TCM codes are 17094 transmission fluid temp sensor (G93) P0170 malf.
18155 transmission solenoid power relay open or short to ground
18158 supply voltage to low

there are several different approaches I am going to try to fix this with but all require the TCU pinout and if possible the data bus pinout for transmission wiring harness @ trans. I've noticed the code is only triggered at ecu when engine revs hit specific points so I'm thinking if TCU thinks engine rpms are zero it may fix this whole issue.

Good luck to you on this. I do think it is possible to do what you want to do with some sort of emulator that makes the ecu happy without the transmission being there, but your failure at the Massachusetts dmv might have sealed your fate as you are now on their bad boy list.

I'm not sure if you can get away with going back with a properly flashed 6mt ecu and try again. You will not have any faults or cel with this installed.

Also, I drove my 6mt with the tcu unplugged with the stock ecu for about a year and a half and thought it was faster and better......until I had a proper ecu. Get one and you will be surprised at the transformation.

sbcrc86
April 15th, 2016, 03:47
I'll call AMD tommorow. An improvement over what it is already is hard to fathom.... Thanks SK.

nubcake
April 15th, 2016, 10:28
Pins for TCU:
88 K
85 CAN-L
86 CAN-H
GND: 6, 34
+12: 26, 54, 55, 2

You can either make an emulator box, which will send CAN ID 440 messages saying "all is well", or you can modify ECU code to ignore CAN messages from TCU. But this way the TCU will still have a bunch of faults stored and will show them when "asked" by a tester.
It all depends on what you really want. :)

EDIT: Yea, you can surely just ditch the TCU altogether, but this requires more changes in ECU code to keep ABS/ESP happy.

sbcrc86
April 16th, 2016, 01:08
Thanks nub, I appreciate the info!

ttboost
April 16th, 2016, 02:10
Yeah, delicate balancing act. In CT, you can't pass emission with a CEL, but it will pass without cats and a ABS and TC light on. Go figure.

sbcrc86
April 27th, 2016, 00:53
UPDATE. This morning I Succesfully passed MA state inspection with stock ecu and components. I did it by having the transmission range sensor in N and wiring in an assortment of spare EVAP solenoids and fuel injectors and an extra Coolant temp sensor to imitate the trans fluid temp sensor. All were wired into the appropriate ports on the round plug that normally plugs into the transmission. I identified which solenoids the TCM communicates with when in Nuetral using the ZF manual which I found online. my wiring trick worked in that it stopped the TCU from instantly sending the ECU an MIL request signal which will cause the car to fail inspection. however I still had to use VCDS to clear the TCU codes after I would turn the ignition key on but before I started the engine. Also if you go over approx 60 the TCU looks for a response from the output speed sensor so in that case I would clear the TCU before I cycled the ignition to off. If you took the time to complete all the circuits @ the round connector, and wired in a sensor to complete the output speed you would not have to keep clearing the TCU before cycling the ignition switch....

nubcake
April 27th, 2016, 12:19
UPDATE

That's creative! :hihi: