PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof rattle inquiry

cruzanrs6
April 11th, 2016, 18:56
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is experiencing this. The metal piece shown in the picture has become loose and or some "other" piece has fallen off/broken. With the roof in the closed and tilted position the metal piece "bangs" about when going over bumps,etc. Curious if there is any easy fix.

bakes
April 11th, 2016, 20:36
I suffer from this same annoying noise!! I was thinking of trying to put some thin foam on the upper side to lesson the noise! I'll be curious to see if anyone else has resolved this in some manner!

Aronis
April 12th, 2016, 01:24
I have the same issue....makes noise when Open, not closed. I have not had a chance to work on this since my car has been in the shop since November. LOL...

EINHORN
April 29th, 2016, 21:43
awaiting solution. Doesn't happen to me except on tilt. Full open or partway not an issue.

JSRS6
April 30th, 2016, 01:38
I got tired of mine making noise so I got rid of the guts and disconnected the motor. Used a s small amount of clear silicone caulk around the gasket. Now it's "permanent". One of these days, when it's a fun day track car, and it no longer has a headliner, I'll get rid of all of it and have someone weld in a panel.

P1054
April 30th, 2016, 03:14
Mine did the same thing. The pivot for that metal piece in cruzan's picture above comes un-clipped from the piece that slides on the track and let's that metal piece rattle when the sunroof is tilted up. It's pretty easy to slide the "slider" into position and clip the pivot back in (with a coat hanger or similar), but on mine it came unclipped again a short while later. I think the tabs that hold the pivot in place just get looser over time. I intended to come up with a more permanent fix but then my car ended up totalled... Hope this helps.

Aronis
April 30th, 2016, 20:55
I got tired of mine making noise so I got rid of the guts and disconnected the motor. Used a s small amount of clear silicone caulk around the gasket. Now it's "permanent". One of these days, when it's a fun day track car, and it no longer has a headliner, I'll get rid of all of it and have someone weld in a panel.
that is just SOOOOO WRONG>>>>>>>

JSRS6
May 5th, 2016, 20:29
Sorry Mike. I always kept it open anyway.

that is just SOOOOO WRONG>>>>>>>

Aronis
May 6th, 2016, 12:28
LOL.

Fix it correctly. Replace the entire roof with a carbon fiber one of a kind roof. It's just the thing to make it really pop!

EINHORN
May 6th, 2016, 15:42
Na, make it a Cabrio or maybe a Targa! Do it!

Aronis
May 6th, 2016, 18:04
Carbon Fiber custom hood, that's the balls.....

Na, make it a Cabrio or maybe a Targa! Do it!