PDA

View Full Version : Devils Own W/M users...what nozzles and settings are you running

DHall1
April 11th, 2016, 08:30
Title says it all.

Time to get #4 into the 12s

mdegracia
April 11th, 2016, 14:12
Im starting out with 5's.

lswing
April 11th, 2016, 14:17
One D05 on each side of the Y-pipe, matches their configurator for a 4.2L engine. More than enough flow, have to turn it down halfway in cooler temps or it bogs. Some details on my website. Get the biggest tank you can, it goes quick when on full and driving hard.

makaveli42
April 11th, 2016, 17:44
How are you tuning it with the meth? I didn't gain anything in the 1/4 mile and will get it dynoed again next month at a dyno day. I told my tuner about the meth....he wanted me to have a wideband installed so we can fine tune it for the meth. But with the meth off and with it on the car feels the same and the A/F ratio doesn't change. I've seen a 2010 335xi gain 35awhp with meth added to his tune!
I tried texting Marc to get him to tune it but he didn't answer...

i have the dual D05 setup like lswing

lswing
April 11th, 2016, 19:00
I tuned mine on the street always watching egt, o2, and timing. Was able to add a bit more timing and boost. Visited a dyno with wideband sniffer after that to confirm that my AFR was good, perfect. Not sure how much power was added, but it was way better at resisting heat soak. I can't fathom having this car tuned without WM in temps above 80 degrees...so much power lost.

4everRS
April 12th, 2016, 01:40
2 DO5's

On my local road course, the 3 quart tank lasts about 6-7 laps. It's a noticeable difference when it runs out.

lswing
April 12th, 2016, 03:39
2.5 gallon tank in the trunk...burned through half on a 3 hour drive once. Normally just fill it every few months.

Kgnast
April 27th, 2016, 13:53
Hey LSwing.... Could you send me a pic of where on the y-pipe you installed the nozzles.

QUOTE=lswing;282245]One D05 on each side of the Y-pipe, matches their configurator for a 4.2L engine. More than enough flow, have to turn it down halfway in cooler temps or it bogs. Some details on my website. Get the biggest tank you can, it goes quick when on full and driving hard.[/QUOTE]

lswing
April 27th, 2016, 17:41
Hey LSwing.... Could you send me a pic of where on the y-pipe you installed the nozzles.

QUOTE=lswing;282245]One D05 on each side of the Y-pipe, matches their configurator for a 4.2L engine. More than enough flow, have to turn it down halfway in cooler temps or it bogs. Some details on my website. Get the biggest tank you can, it goes quick when on full and driving hard.[/QUOTE]

http://audirssix.com/index.php/owning/water-methanol

Click on the thumbnail picture of the Y-pipe in the article...or better yet, here. Maybe I'll catch you down in Brooklyn one day, I'm there every 3-4 months.

http://audirssix.com/images/Ypipe.jpg?lbisphpreq=1

Kgnast
April 27th, 2016, 19:04
DO3's for the 996tt, and DO5's for the RS6. Both kits have been sitting on my shelf for over a year. The DO meth kit is certainly going in the RS6 this Spring. The Porsche? after the EPL tune from Tony, man I don't think it needs any more go-go juice. It's amazingly fast. So I may have a DO kit available in the box and ready to go (it'll need DO5 nozzles for the RS6).