PDA

View Full Version : just out of curiosity

audirs6sport
February 6th, 2004, 12:23
anyone regret buying their rs6? or any audi? just wondering

Bauer
February 6th, 2004, 16:31
Nope....love every second of the RS6. Time is short on this planet and I prefer spending that time in my RS6:D :D .

In the past I had a 1991 200 20V Turbo that was not the most reliable(mostly electrical and cooling) car in the world...but it did have some very good qualities that I enjoyed. Other than that I have enjoyed all of my Audi's:cheers:

JA
February 6th, 2004, 17:45
I just bought my RS6 in December, 2003. This was approximately 2 weeks after first learning that the RS6 existed, and it was one week after I test drove it.

In short, I absolutely love the car. Given how lousy the weather has been here in NYC since I got the car, I still have a fair amount of pent-up "acceleration demand", and I cannot wait for some fun Spring and Summer weekend drives out of the city.

The only regret I have has nothing whatsoever to do with the car itself. I only wish that I had been a bit more of a "patient" purchaser; e.g. that I had tried to negotiate a better price. Once I started Jones-ing to buy it, I just grabbed one I loved at the dealer's asking price. Since then, my due diligence tells me that the RS6 isactually not as scarce as I thought - I was afraid of not being able to get one. I'm not sure what the true situation in terms of supply and demand are, but I have seen a fair amount of RS6s on e-bay, for example.

In short, sensational car. I get goosebumps whenever I paddle-shift down into third and smoke somebody on the highway.

JA
'03 RS6: Daytona Grey; black interior; enhanced exhaust, carbon fibre trim

johnnymac
February 6th, 2004, 22:35
I'm thinking about a new daytona/ebony rs6 i have found at a local dealer.
What is a 'competitive price'..or how much below sticker will they take?

Another dealer also told me Audi is discontinuing this car. Is that true?

jm

audirs6sport
February 6th, 2004, 23:07
yes, it is suppose to be a limited edition only as 2003 model. and thank that it is 2003 model. even though that might hurt ur resale value (if you care) your brakes & rotors will be covered for as long as ur in 4yr/50000miles warrenty. =)

audirs6sport
February 6th, 2004, 23:09
as far as how much lower u can get below the sticker price and the competive price, i wouldn't know but i got a pretty good deal knocked down 7g off sticker. =)

oregonbob
February 7th, 2004, 01:25
Originally posted by johnnymac

..or how much below sticker will they take?

Only the dealer can answer that. Do some research and make an educated offer. There is plenty of info if you take the time to look.

February 9, 2004 Autoweek Magazine:

There is a used one in the Autoweek classifieds. It's been there for weeks. At one point, the price was best offer over MSRP. Now it is discounted:
Limited Production, 450HP, Avus Silver w/Ebony Interior, Sound Enhancing Exhaust, Carbon Fiber Interior Package, rear Side Air Bags. MSRP $86,260 / Reduced to $76,300. (727) 848-3589 (FL)

Here’s another ad:
New 2003 Audi RS6. 3 to choose, all with sound enhancing exhaust and more. Save now! Call for pricing. 813-210-AUDI www.reevesimportmotorcars.com

And my favorite:
2003 Audi RS6 ($2K below MSRP) – 1 of 900 imported to US, 1500 mi, 450 bhp BiTurbo, 0-60 in 4.5 sec., Slvr/Blk, F-1 PaddleShift, 6-CD Indash, ColdWeatherPkg, $82,500/BO (612)325-1630

Suggest you also check eBay and Autotrader.com. I found 6 and 70 respectively.

http://search.ebaymotors.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&category1=6002&st=2&sortproperty=metahighestpricesort&from=R2&query=rs6&categorymap=6001&catref=C3&siteid=100

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/newcar_search/newcar_searchresults.jtmpl?&make=AUDI&distance=any&model_year=2003&model=RS6&address=97223&search_type=new&ac_afflt=none&first_record=1

Bob

avdh
February 7th, 2004, 06:58
Regrets? My only regret is that I could not get it before.
Other than that I just loooove that car!
It is devastatingly awesome.:)

rs6w
February 7th, 2004, 21:11
Haven't regretted buying any Audi. (5000S, A4,S4,S6,RS6)

Occasionally though I wish I could have my old 5000 back. There was just something about that car I liked..

gregoryindiana
February 7th, 2004, 22:04
5000 TQ, V8, S4, A6 4.2, RS6.

Still own all but the 5000, and I share the regret of its departure, after a mishap at Brainerd in '94. Got the S4 then though.

Didn't have the expertise for the fix on the 5000, sold it to someone who did. Saw the car the next year looking great and still running sweet.

Wonder if she's still going. 18 years would be possible, if the new owner maintained it as I did for the first 8+ years.

Aronis
February 8th, 2004, 02:32
This is my second Audi, had a 2000 4.2 Sport. Got my RS 6 in December, 2003. Great Car.

My previous car was a 1997 M3 which I drove for 5 years, loved that car...

The RS6 has more balls than the M3, handles as well (waiting for final verdict if the snow ever goes away), and has rooooooom for 5 adults! As my family grows the M3 was getting to be too small.

Running to the ER in the middle of the night is not as bad driving the RS 6! LOL

Mike

Highlander
February 8th, 2004, 14:53
I have absolutely no regrets with the Audi products. Currently I own a Silver 1995 S6 4.2; Black/Black 2000 S8; Black/Black 2002 S6 and have been loosing sleep over the arrival of my new RS6 in a color Audi calls Volcano Black?? would this be similar to a mettallic black? either way... I just can't wait to get it! My wife thinks I am studying for a doctorate exam or visiting some sex site because I spend hours reading all kinds of articles and watching movies about the RS6!

I have also had the original Quattro Coupe; a 200 Quattro sedan and a 1967 2 stroke DKW !

:bow: :addict: :D :bang:

Bauer
February 9th, 2004, 01:52
Highlander...looks like you have the same taste in color combos as I do...pain in the a$$ to keep clean but worth it. Is you S8 the turbo conversion? If so, how hard was it to complete.....the though of doing a turbo on our S8 has crossed my mind on several occasions:D :D

gregory- I told my wife I am no longer selling any of my Audi's...I wish now I had kept them all. I need a bigger garage:hihi:

Highlander
February 9th, 2004, 02:29
Nope... it is a standard S8 with 19 inch RS6 wheels mounted on Pirelli P Zero Assimetricos ! In Rio it is also customary to have our windows tinted with a 35% transparency, so the color becomes black/black/black .

I have been warned by my wife that when the RS6 arrives one of my babies must go! :cry: :vsad: :cry:

Cheers,
Hilton