PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Door Cards

Cmnair
March 30th, 2016, 16:28
Has anyone replaced door cards on this car? How much of a PITA is it to transfer the pockets (storage bins) over? The trim looks like it is pretty straightforward if you are careful.

Thanks in advance.

Stephencl
March 31st, 2016, 00:43
Really easy...just takes time and patience....

Aronis
March 31st, 2016, 01:03
I tried, it is NOT easy. There are great video's on how to do it on other cars, but on the RS6 the inner panel is welded/glued all the way around, not just a few tabs. I bought a few new door cards from a junk yard. I then tried to take the inner panel out of the first Demo card (wrong color, but I have a black on also). It took me about an hour to get it out but you need to be VERY carful with your cut wheel to get it out and maintain enough surface area to re-attach the inner panel to the donor frame. I ended up repairing the problem (window sticks and catches top lip of door trim) but just hot glueing the corner down. It has held well for 6 months or more. LOL.....But I have the black panel just waiting for the silver inner panel if I ever get that interested in doing it. But I will need a better cutting device.

Mike

StephenCL you must have great skill and patients in this regard. LOL

Stephencl
March 31st, 2016, 01:17
Let me restate, if you are replacing complete factory door cards, with complete replacements it is not very difficult.

Stephen

Stephencl
March 31st, 2016, 01:20
I can't even imagine trying to remove the inner panel and re-affixing.... Sound like not a ton of fun.

Aronis
March 31st, 2016, 01:48
Yes, replacing with new is VERY EASY! LOL....two screws and it pops off. A few wire connectors and it's off......ten minutes.....but they are VERY pricey. :)

Bigglezworth
March 31st, 2016, 04:43
Has anyone replaced door cards on this car? How much of a PITA is it to transfer the pockets (storage bins) over? The trim looks like it is pretty straightforward if you are careful.

Thanks in advance.Easy peasey.

Cmnair
April 2nd, 2016, 02:13
Thanks guys.... Yes I meant replacing complete door cards. Just wanted to see if the storage bins transferred over easily.