PDA

View Full Version : 1000 members and a NEW GALLERY! (must read)

Erik
February 6th, 2004, 08:46
I say welcome to mgarciap (http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1005) who is RS6.com's member nr. 1000.

I and all the moderators would like to say thanks to everyone for reading, posting, participating and last but not least, behaving :D

NEW GALLERY

Thanks to sturs6 who sponsored the cost we now have a new gallery where you can look at the best pictures around as well as upload your own pictures. Thanks sturs6!
If you own an RS6, RS4 or any other amazing vehicle please upload your pictures ASAP!

The new address to bookmark is: http://www.rs6.com/gallery/

I have spent most of this week uploading pictures.
Just like the forum the gallery is searchable.
So you can search for "Sprint Blue" or "Avant" or whatever type of car you are looking for.

* Linking pictures from the gallery into the forum is easy:
When you see the picture you want to display, right click and press properties. Then copy the file name and add [img] [/img ] and in the middle the URL for the pic (use IMG button when posting and just paste the address).

* Please Remember!
The better you describe the picture you upload the better the database will become. This will be important for the future.
So please include information about:
CAR (RS6, RS4 etc.)
TYPE (Saloon, Avant?)
Color (Black, White, Silver?)
Any other details (BBS 20", Sports exhaust etc.)

* Your size limits: Total space per member: 2Mb. Max size per picture: 150kB. Max size 1000 x 800 (w x h)
Please do not upload any copyright protected material!
All pictures will be watermarked with the RS6.com logo.

* Did I forget anything? Does the gallery need any changes?
Please let us know.

* Rebuilding the site.
I'm about to rebuild the www.RS6.com front page into a format that is easier to update. Now everything has to be done in HTML which consumes too much time. I'm looking to hire someone that can help us redo it into another format. Got ideas or help to offer? Let me know!

If you would like contribute, please donate to www.PayPal.com erikb@rs6.com
All donations will go directly to building the site.

Thanks and get your pictures uploaded! :addict: :rs4addict :s4addict:

gmbh6
February 6th, 2004, 09:19
fantastic. :cheers:

Bauer
February 6th, 2004, 16:38
Very cool Erik....Thanks!!!....and thank you to Stuart it is greatly appreciated.:cheers:

Julz RS4
February 8th, 2004, 06:26
I would want to take the occasion to thank Erik and Stuart for the creation of the galllery section. :cheers:

All pictures will be watermarked with the RS6.com logo.

Is it possible to reduce or modified the RS6.com logo?
Because on some pictures they hide sometimes the cars behind.
It's just a suggestion.;)

quattro
February 8th, 2004, 15:25
Thanks a lot!

Sending some 100 bucks to support the site! :addict: :king:
Use it well! :cheers:

Benman
February 13th, 2004, 20:44
WOW, 1000 members! That's amazing for such a niche vehicle! Thanks to all the administrators and those that contributed. :cheers:

Ben:addict: