PDA

View Full Version : Best exhaust for an RS6 C5

tightgroup
February 23rd, 2016, 01:15
I am in the market to replace my exhaust. I do love the Akrapovic stuff, but they do not make anything for a C5. Unless I spend a small fortune to mod a C7 exhaust for a C5. Is there anything that would be similar, and I do not need titanium.

If you have some pic or vids of your mods ..

Thanks

hahnmgh63
February 23rd, 2016, 02:46
Milltek, Depending on your needs Cat or Catless (much cheaper too) downpipes. then Cat back that you have the choice or Resonated or non-resonated. About 5mm larger diameter than stock.

Avus-RS6
February 23rd, 2016, 18:02
Stock SE with electric dumps.

ben916
February 23rd, 2016, 19:56
Eisenmann (http://www.eisenmann-sportauspuff.de/EN/SHOP/products_e/Audi-42l-Quattro-331-kW-RS6-Limousine-4B-Rear-Muffler_A121602180_2.php)

Pat (V8Weight) had a set on his first RS6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn23CjlvtsI

nistah
February 23rd, 2016, 23:39
Eisenmann (http://www.eisenmann-sportauspuff.de/EN/SHOP/products_e/Audi-42l-Quattro-331-kW-RS6-Limousine-4B-Rear-Muffler_A121602180_2.php)

Pat (V8Weight) had a set on his first RS6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn23CjlvtsI

Lets see a Miltek video clip for the Coke vs. Pepsi challenge.....

hahnmgh63
February 24th, 2016, 01:38
My car is in a thousand pieces at the moment. Sounded real good with the Milltek Catless downpipes and SE exhaust and I'm looking forward to the swap from SE to Full Miltek.

Huzrjim
February 24th, 2016, 19:19
I have the Milltek non-resonated and it sounds like a true sports car. Even my wife loves the growl of the exhaust when I get into it.

Bigglezworth
February 25th, 2016, 06:05
Safe to assume you are looking for something more loud and brash? There are negligible (if any) power gains for any after market set-ups over the OEM. OEM works just fine on even the fastest cars. Are you looking for a pre-fit bolt-on system? I believe there are only a couple out there that will love to think out the cash burning a hole in your pocket. I have wanted to run Tubi on the car as I have always liked the Tubi on my NSX. Borola might be worth checking out. I personally would stay away from Flowmaster or the like...

Turbowned
March 12th, 2016, 04:18
Eisenmann is the best-sounding exhaust but also the most expensive. Milltek sounds great, has options, and won't break the piggy bank. Billy Boat/APR is the middle-of-the-road option between both, but I don't like replacing the signature RS oval exhaust tips with quad tips.

While we're on the topic; for those with Milltek exhausts, does the non-resonated version drone at low RPM's? I figure the turbos will do a good job muffling sound, but it got me thinking after going for a ride in a friend's RS4 who recently added a non-resonated JHM exhaust that droned like crazy.

VAG
March 19th, 2016, 18:51
I'm planning on purchasing a Milltek non-resonated exhaust for minez

CornersWell
March 19th, 2016, 18:54
I have had the Eisenmann on the RS6 for a long period. Really like it.

I also have, I believe, a Sportec exhaust NIB. I might possibly be willing to let that go, if interested.

CW

kruat
January 28th, 2020, 22:39
Bringing this back from the grave, where is everyone getting there milltek from? Price?

Muggy
January 29th, 2020, 21:51
Just got mine from USP Motorsports...Black Friday Sale that lasted a couple of weeks...$985.00 with free shipping...took a couple of weeks to get. Maybe reach out to them to see if the'd give you the same deal ~ 15% off list.

Love this thing...non-res....fantastic sound and no drone with my Milltek catless DP's... :R8kiss:

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Milltek-Audi-RS6-Non-Resonated-Catback-Exhaust-Black-Tips.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o4&scid=scplpSSXAU211&sc_intid=SSXAU211&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgNXtBRC6ARIsAIPP7RsEOr9RY-Tw4u4C2LzkaTch1AQcySdZzIpcK8Osq1fL7ZVU-X3u_X0aAp_rEALw_wcB

rah
January 30th, 2020, 02:40
Just got mine from USP Motorsports...Black Friday Sale that lasted a couple of weeks...$985.00 with free shipping...took a couple of weeks to get. Maybe reach out to them to see if the'd give you the same deal ~ 15% off list.

Love this thing...non-res....fantastic sound and no drone with my Milltek catless DP's... :R8kiss:

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Milltek-Audi-RS6-Non-Resonated-Catback-Exhaust-Black-Tips.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o4&scid=scplpSSXAU211&sc_intid=SSXAU211&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgNXtBRC6ARIsAIPP7RsEOr9RY-Tw4u4C2LzkaTch1AQcySdZzIpcK8Osq1fL7ZVU-X3u_X0aAp_rEALw_wcB

No drone i like hearing that! I still haven't pulled the trigger on an exhaust because i still want to upgrade the power on the car, so i want something will work with the upgrade also.

hahnmgh63
January 30th, 2020, 03:50
I think I also bought the Downpipe back portion of my Miltek exhaust from USP on sale. I was already running Miltek catless downpipes that I bought years ago from Unit20 in the UK. The Miltek tips are a perfect match, just like the OEM but maybe 10% larger oval to fill the space better.

Muggy
January 30th, 2020, 22:53
No drone i like hearing that! I still haven't pulled the trigger on an exhaust because i still want to upgrade the power on the car, so i want something will work with the upgrade also.

Mine was actually stepped down from the Milltek catless DP's to the stock Sport exhaust...it was nice to get those pipes matched up with a turbo to tip matching system. You'll love it...no drone at all, just a little throatier all around. Definitely go non-res if you like a true V8 rumble...:cheers:

hahnmgh63
January 31st, 2020, 00:08
Yea, when I had the SE exhaust and my Miltek downpipes, the SE exhaust just slip inside the Miltek's so I just surrounded the seam with a Band clamp. Now they butt up end to end but a band clamp still works perfect.

Muggy
January 31st, 2020, 13:00
Yea, when I had the SE exhaust and my Miltek downpipes, the SE exhaust just slip inside the Miltek's so I just surrounded the seam with a Band clamp. Now they butt up end to end but a band clamp still works perfect.

Interesting...my cat back was expanded and notched to and slipped over the outside of the Milltek DP's to make an even transition on the slip joint. The Milltek DP's are definitely larger than stock by the thickness of the SE pipe walls. Agreed that the SE fit perfectly inside the DP's and had a step down clamp to secure them.

lswing
January 31st, 2020, 19:51
Best source for catless downpipes that will bolt up to the stock SE exhaust? I'm looking to open up the flow for the turbos/exhaust. No emissions testing here, and I plan on getting a new tune to code out the secondary O2's.

Muggy
January 31st, 2020, 23:54
Not sure if anyone is even making/selling the DP's anymore. You may need to butcher up your stock ones and gut them...I was fortunate enough to buy my car with the Milltek DP's already installed.

For a tune, nubcake is your guy...:revs:

I was lucky enough to get through inspection and emissions here in MD with catless DP's...:hahahehe:

hahnmgh63
February 1st, 2020, 00:11
I would bet if you contacted Miltek directly in the UK they would have some or be able to cook up a batch.

Muggy
February 1st, 2020, 10:32
I would bet if you contacted Miltek directly in the UK they would have some or be able to cook up a batch.

Unfortunately I think a re-run would be a pipe dream...lol...seriously though, I've seen somewhere on a forum that Milltek has given a no-way no-chance reply to reproducing out of production items which is unfortunate.

hahnmgh63
February 1st, 2020, 16:31
Not the downpipes but Miltek has a sale going on some items.
https://milltekshop.com/shop-exhausts/audi/rs6/c5-v8-bi-turbo-saloon-avant/

hahnmgh63
February 1st, 2020, 16:34
When I got my RS5 I was surprised that the stock exhaust tips were the size of the Miltek exhaust tips, definitely larger than the stock RS6 exhaust tips. Now with the full Miltek on my RS6 it looks much better with the larger exhaust tips.

PCMacDr
February 1st, 2020, 21:03
Best source for catless downpipes that will bolt up to the stock SE exhaust? I'm looking to open up the flow for the turbos/exhaust. No emissions testing here, and I plan on getting a new tune to code out the secondary O2's.

If you do find a source, please let me know
I wouldn't mind opening up a little more flow and power as well