PDA

View Full Version : EGT sensor, back from the dead

midwest1275
February 20th, 2016, 02:09
So I got a bad EGT sensor code a couple of months ago. Been driving around trying to find time to try the "quick fix" posted on the forums to try and avoid big bill to replace sensor. A couple of days ago I was driving in a fairly heavy rain (unusual for Los Angeles) and when I parked, the engine light was not on anymore. After a few days of driving there is still no engine light on. Is it possible that the EGT sensor is now functioning and need to replace has temporarily passed? Could moisture have helped the sensor to function again?? I don't have a vag-com to check for codes, but i'm assuming that if the engine light is off there is no code being thrown. Anybody heard of EGT issues resolving themselves???

lswing
February 20th, 2016, 03:41
Loose connection. The details are on my website, audirssix.com, it will come back. Water is a good conductor...

midwest1275
February 21st, 2016, 07:38
You called it. The EGT code came back a few days later. Im in Los Angeles, does anybody have recommendations for an LA indy shop that is good with electrical work? I'd like to try the re-soldering trick to try and keep the sensors alive. Any leads would be appreciated.

midwest1275
March 15th, 2016, 07:44
Got a local Indy shop to re-solder the EGT boxes per the DIY instructions recommended here. I've been driving for over a week and EGT codes have not come back! Thank you forum, I'm hoping this fix will hold for awhile.

hahnmgh63
March 15th, 2016, 13:12
Congrats