PDA

View Full Version : How much room in the rear of rs6

Carolinacat
February 18th, 2016, 03:25
So I'm thinking of getting a rs6 for family car. How much room is in the back. Enough room with 2 rear facing car seat so you can sit comfy in the front still? I'm 6ft the wife is shorter. I need something interesting to drive when we go somewhere. Sold the r8 a few years back been missing it ever since.

kruat
February 18th, 2016, 05:22
I put three kids in the back of mine. 13, 7 and 2. I'm 6'6, wife's 5'2. It not a lot of room, but adequate. Child seat sits behind wife, so there's plenty of room. I find the trunk tight for most longer then weekend trips.

Other_Erik
February 18th, 2016, 11:48
So I'm thinking of getting a rs6 for family car. How much room is in the back. Enough room with 2 rear facing car seat so you can sit comfy in the front still? I'm 6ft the wife is shorter. I need something interesting to drive when we go somewhere. Sold the r8 a few years back been missing it ever since.

Can't talk to the car seat question, but I'm 5'10 and the wife is 5'1, we did car camping in the RS6 on Assateague Island, and she doesn't pack light.
In the back seat:
4-man tent
12ft canopy / mosquito net
2-body sleeping bag
Queen-size blow-up mattress
2 duffle bags
2 folding chairs
1 folding table
Various camping gear (camp stove, pans, propane cylinders, stakes, etc...)

In the trunk:
Full-size cooler
Small generator
My camping necessities (hatchet, bunkroll, 1 change of clothes, and a water-purifying kit - all stuffed into a rucksack)

And we still had enough room to grab a couple bundles of local-sourced firewood.

O_E

lswing
February 18th, 2016, 12:36

Keep in mind the age of these cars and stuff randomly breaking on road trips. I've had the car shutdown on the freeway due to random electrical issues, but not many long road trips. Also hear of hoses and alternators going out, fun stuff like that. Personally I would get a new S6 and tune it if I wanted to carry family around. Many times these cars can be solid, just make sure you get one that has a lot of updated parts. There seems to be more and more parts failing on these since they are now getting to 13 years old.

I'm 6 foot, 220, and the length/space in the cabin is great. Easily can keep my seat where I want and have adults in the back, to answer that. You'll know once you see the car, decent sized trunk too, especially if you update the battery and replace it, move it to the sides or tire well.

Adding; random coolant leak, power steering leak, valve cover or cam gaskets routinely leaking so my wife yells at me about the oily smell, I don't mind it:) Lots of old hoses and plastic parts that need to be replaced basically. Also cam tensioners prone to failing above 100k miles, plastic parts, $4k work.

mrdave
February 18th, 2016, 15:42
We have a C5 S6 as our family car (same seats and space) and we have 2 rear facing car seats in the back seat. No issues with space but the larger child seat is almost touching the back of the passenger seat. I'm 5'10" and my wife is a couple in shorter.

Carolinacat
February 18th, 2016, 18:12
My wife will not go for a wagon. I've tried and tried. That's what I really wanted. I love the look of the c5 platform. It would be alot less of a hassle maintenance wise. But like I said I need something interesting to ride around in. We don't put very many miles on a car. If I could find a low mileage one go ahead and do all the maintaince on it it should hold up well for me. Or we could just keep driving what I have now.

Aronis
February 18th, 2016, 18:51
For 13 years we have been using my RS6 as our family car for trips....three kids in the back seat. Drive it in any weather all winter long, etc.....plenty of room.

(we had a Sienna also, so most long trips were with that, Q7 does not have the same room as the minivan but we can fit well with the Dog too).

Iswing don't be jinxing me, I intend to do long trips with mine after the rebuild. Little oil leak went to pretty much rebuilding engine LOL.

Mike