PDA

View Full Version : New wolf rebirth of an RS6

tightgroup
February 18th, 2016, 01:09
My RS6 underwent a major transformation;
From timing belt to transmission, the car underwent a major rework.

Timing belt
Tensioner
Water pump
Valve cover gasket
Front Uppers and Lowers
New rotors (4 corners)
New pads
Lambda sensors
New Diverters
New Down pipes
Rebuilt Tranny
New TC
New DRC front shocks
New Water temp controller
New exhaust clamps
New Spark plugs
ECU flash
TCU flash
Various maintenance items once engine was out

. As you can see from one pic , the timing was off :( . The ECU flash was a Rombotis tune, which tends to make more power via timing advance, while keeping the torque curve flat , which gives you exceptional acceleration. The object of my tune was to keep the Beast street drivable. The TCU flash in conjunction with the TC's new stall speed could make for an interesting launch. But I did not put the Beast through its paces, as it is still in breakin mode. I still have a few ideas for my next stage, but I might limit all of this to a much better exhaust and Inter-coolers. I would love to mod an Akrapovic exhaust system for a C5 :)

The work was performed at Rombotis Tuning in Montreal and Tranny at Eastern Transmission in Montreal

Cant wait to see what she can do this Spring. :revs:

RS Sick
February 18th, 2016, 02:31
Glad you revived the beast. Looks like an expensive parts and labor list.

mrdave
February 18th, 2016, 15:45
Wow, that's an impressive list of items. How many miles/kms are on it?

lswing
February 18th, 2016, 18:00
Excellent work, thanks for sharing. How much you selling for now?:)

Aronis
February 18th, 2016, 18:57
:) looks familiar, but your transmission is so,....SHINEY! Has that new tranny look:) Me want! How much?

6172crew
February 18th, 2016, 23:15
Interesting pic of the leak near the valve cover. I have the same type leak and have replaced all the gaskets to no avail. Only on the passenger side am I having this issue.

lswing
February 19th, 2016, 00:44
Interesting pic of the leak near the valve cover. I have the same type leak and have replaced all the gaskets to no avail. Only on the passenger side am I having this issue.

Noticed this also. Maybe just a design or fit issue. Seems to routinely leak even once replaced.

mrdave
February 19th, 2016, 02:38

Now that you guys mention it, my S6's 4.2L has the same leak on the passenger side, even after replacing the valve cover gaskets and all other plugs and seals. It's annoying because it randomly drips oil on the hot exhaust manifold and the HVAC blower sucks that smell into the cabin.

tightgroup
February 19th, 2016, 03:00
Wow, that's an impressive list of items. How many miles/kms are on it?

As of this writing she has 242,000 km , she is my daily driver...

tightgroup
February 19th, 2016, 03:01
Now that you guys mention it, my S6's 4.2L has the same leak on the passenger side, even after replacing the valve cover gaskets and all other plugs and seals. It's annoying because it randomly drips oil on the hot exhaust manifold and the HVAC blower sucks that smell into the cabin.

I'm wondering if we can see anything from the valve train pic that would explain this occurrence..

fbatwork
February 19th, 2016, 03:51
My passenger side valve cover had a very small crack that was the cause of my leak...

s8prtotype
March 5th, 2016, 21:36
On my car after i replaced it was the half moon gasket back there, think it was a little crooked, but that fixed it so far.

use glue lol.

hahnmgh63
March 6th, 2016, 03:01
Tightgroup, your timing pic just tells me that the engine isn't at TDC, was it in this position while the T40005 Cam holding tool installed? If so, then yes, the cams are probably off one tooth. At higher RPM's this could cause a burnt valve if run hard but isn't enough to cause any interference. Also the Audi 3391 crankshaft holding tool is a must too.

tightgroup
March 7th, 2016, 03:08
Tightgroup, your timing pic just tells me that the engine isn't at TDC, was it in this position while the T40005 Cam holding tool installed? If so you then yes, the cams are probably off one tooth. At higher RPM's this could cause a burnt valve if run hard but isn't enough to cause any interference. Also the Audi 3391 crankshaft holding tool is a must too.

Ye I agree with you. That is why I posted the pic, this was my first tear down and thats what we found. I purchased the car mid year 2015.. so buyer beware.. The car is livier, and the TCU flash makes a difference especially in S . I need to pool my cash for other things I want done, but mostly cosmetic..

LaserSVT
March 7th, 2016, 03:45
Glad to see it being brought back to life! Kudos sir. These get rarer and rarer.