PDA

View Full Version : meant to post this yesterday for na1mt

JSRS6
February 11th, 2016, 02:04
Ron may need both rear hubs replaced, he sent me a pic, but i didn't see anything wrong from it. so basically, he busted a rim on a pothole, replaced it with stock rim with out spacer, used long wheel bolts. bolts kept the wheel from turning. he tried to move forward twice, then reversed twice. dealer said hubs need replaced. so if anyone has a line on them, please post up links here for him.

hahnmgh63
February 11th, 2016, 03:46
Is he talking about 8E0505436P right and 8E0505435P, wheel bearing housing? $520 new but it looks like they were used on a lot more than just the RS6. According to Genuine it looks like they were used on most A6's from 2002-2004 which should make them easier to find.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Audi-A6-Quattro-2-7-TT-Left-Rear-Spindle-Knuckle-Wheel-Bearing-Assembly-/400924239528?hash=item5d58f266a8:g:YkQAAOSw2s1UrY2 n&vxp=mtr

littleredwagen
February 11th, 2016, 14:06
Ron may need both rear hubs replaced, he sent me a pic, but i didn't see anything wrong from it. so basically, he busted a rim on a pothole, replaced it with stock rim with out spacer, used long wheel bolts. bolts kept the wheel from turning. he tried to move forward twice, then reversed twice. dealer said hubs need replaced. so if anyone has a line on them, please post up links here for him.

So he used a longer bolt without a spacer and stock wheel? use the stock length bolts without the spacer the longer bolts are not allowing the Hubs to turn. The hubs are most likely fine

JSRS6
February 11th, 2016, 15:22
That's what I told him. Probably just messed up the bearings.

na1mt
February 12th, 2016, 03:35
The threads stripped out of the hubs. When I backed out the wheel studs, the ends which were deformed from locking against the axle rings, took the threads with them. Stealership is claiming I bent the rotors and possibly the spindle as well. They were over $7k on the repair and just kept climbing.

littleredwagen
February 12th, 2016, 14:31
The threads stripped out of the hubs. When I backed out the wheel studs, the ends which were deformed from locking against the axle rings, took the threads with them. Stealership is claiming I bent the rotors and possibly the spindle as well. They were over $7k on the repair and just kept climbing.

I seen this happen with one person, did the same thing, they just needed the hubs and bearings not the entire spindle. The rotors and spindles are solid steel very very rare chance they are bent.